X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What link?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I believe the 9.99 price was a fathers day special.

Comment

dulak: Yes it was and the one I just posted is the new sale.
        cabby: Link now working in the post.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Rift now on sale for $10 on Steam if anybody's interested.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

And until July 31st the sub prices are lowered also:
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Rift Addon Policy

From Trion:
              RIFT™ User Interface Add-On Policy
              Trion Worlds, Inc. (“Trion”) has created this policy to formalize the development and distribution of RIFT™ user interface add-ons created by members of the player community (referred to hereafter as "Add-Ons"). The purpose of this policy is to ensure the integrity of RIFT and to continue promoting an enjoyable gaming environment for our players. Failure to abide by the policy may result in measures up to and including formal legal action.

All Add-Ons must abide by the RIFT End User License Agreement and Trion’s Terms of Use.
              All Add-Ons, including all versions thereof and all features therein, must be distributed free of charge. Further, Developers may not charge money, or any other form of compensation, for services related to the Add-On.
              Add-Ons, including the Add-On website or distribution site, may not include advertisements of any kind, including in-game requests for donations, unless expressly permitted by Trion.
              Add-Ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material, and must comply with the ESRB ‘T’ rating (and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world) for RIFT.
              All Add-On code must be completely visible, not hidden or obfuscated in any way, and freely accessible to and viewable by the general public.
              Add-Ons may not negatively impact RIFT, its shards or other players, including, without limitation, excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, or causing slow frame rates.
              Trion reserves the right to disable any Add-On or Add-On functionality its sole discretion.

If you have any questions about this User Interface Add-On Policy and/or how it pertains to any Add-On that you have developed, please email us at addons @ RIFTgame.com.(remove spaces)
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I believe that addon policy is stricter than WoW's and would prevent Zygor from making any kind of guide for Rift unless he's doing it completely free of charge or gets special permission from Trion.

Comment

From Trion:
                  All,

It appears a version did not get in my hands that improved the specifics of point 3, apologies for the confusion it has caused. The OP has been updated to reflect the following:

3. Addons may not include advertisements of any kind, including in-game requests for donations, unless expressly permitted by Trion.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Well unless they change #2 I still don't see how Zygor would be able to do a guide.

Comment

Agreed. The line about "...Developers may not charge money, or any other form of compensation, for services related to the Add-On" is the problem there.
                      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Yep which totally sucks but thems the breaks
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I thought that Blizzard also has a similar rule, which is why alot of the addons can not charge for their addons. The only reason Zygors, Dugi, Booster and Joanna can charge for the in game guide is the fact that when people pay for these sites its really for the guide and not the addon.

How I read it was they can not advisties in game, however if Zygors or who ever has a in game guide helper etc and they have a route that works well they could charge for the route or guide but they couldn't charge for the addon. If I understand how this works, I may be wrong but. From how I understand things, it is possible for zygors to charge for his Guide but not for his addon.

There are already some people who have guides for Rifts but they are liken to the old PDF or Videos, and I think Zygors guides were oringal PDF files at one time like everyone else. Like I said I could be wrong. If I need to clearify what I said I will too.

Comment

The rule to Bliz is that the addon could not come with a charge. The addon itself, the viewer, is free to everyone with the trial of the guides. However, in order to keep using the guide past level 20, the content requires a purchase. This is how Zygor can keep himself in business producing these guides, and stay compliant with the ToS from Blizzard.
                            What the Rift owners have done is say that nothing even related to the addon could come with a charge, thereby eliminating Zygor from any desire to produce a product for which there will be no ability to be compensated. Granted, I dont speak for Zygor, but he is, after all, running a business.
                            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I see I had to go back and rereaded that part. I thought the rule was similar to Blizzard at first. What happens when one skims though things.

Comment

The rules are very similar, it's just with Rift they added in a couple of extra words which would make it impossible for anyone to develop a free addon and then charge for a guide to be used with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X