Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we are talking now about the addons etc with Rift I went too cursed.com where I get most if not all of my other addons for WoW. Someone on their forums stated that their account was banned or compromised from some of these addons from that site.

One of the reasons I go to Cursed for addons is the idea that I wouldn't get anything that could get me banned or my account hacked or both. The question is have any of you heard of this happing with Rift in regards to addons etc?

Comment

Haven't heard anything on the Rift forums. Addons are only available to be used on the Rift PTS right now. If they tried to use it on the Live version then they are trying hacks not addons.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

http://www.riftui.com/community.php also you can get some addons here also. It's the Rift version of wowinterface.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by ctkdjane1 View Post
          Since we are talking now about the addons etc with Rift I went too cursed.com where I get most if not all of my other addons for WoW. Someone on their forums stated that their account was banned or compromised from some of these addons from that site.
          You see this in the Curse and Wowinterface forum regularily. People claim they were banned or hacked due to addons. Its not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
            The rule to Bliz is that the addon could not come with a charge. The addon itself, the viewer, is free to everyone with the trial of the guides. However, in order to keep using the guide past level 20, the content requires a purchase. This is how Zygor can keep himself in business producing these guides, and stay compliant with the ToS from Blizzard.
            What the Rift owners have done is say that nothing even related to the addon could come with a charge, thereby eliminating Zygor from any desire to produce a product for which there will be no ability to be compensated. Granted, I dont speak for Zygor, but he is, after all, running a business.
            The addon policy is exactly the same as wow's.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

Originally posted by Blizzard

1) Add-ons must be free of charge.

All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.
            Zygor , Dugi or whatever can still do the same type of business with Rift... offer the addon for free but the guides require payments without any legal repercussion.

there are also bigger fish ie curse premium "require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on."

Blizzard and Trion are not above the law, they can't really stop anyone from earning money somehow with something related to addons.

The only thing they can really do is disable the addon.

Comment

Blizzard had to have changed their policy after v3 of the Zygor Guides was released. v3 was developed to comply with the (current at the time) addon policy, which at that time did not contain the portion about services related to an addon. Either way, the policies are always changing and, as you say, how it's enforced is up to the game publisher.

As for Cursed, they're perfectly fine. They don't develop the addons that are being distributed and therefore are not subject to that rule. They also freely distribute all addons and don't require any form of payment for someone to download the addons.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Our addon is 100% free, with no additional purchase needed to use the guide or upgrade the guide. The only thing we have is information that can be used by this addon and we do not charge for any service, upgrade or programs with the addon itself. Always good to have a heads up though.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                  Our addon is 100% free, with no additional purchase needed to use the guide or upgrade the guide. The only thing we have is information that can be used by this addon and we do not charge for any service, upgrade or programs with the addon itself. Always good to have a heads up though.
                  So... there could be a VERY good chance that sometime in the future you guys will be receiving my money for a KICK ass Rift guide?!

Pleasesayyes,PLEASE! =)

Comment

You never know for sure but we can only say right now it's not in development.
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                      Blizzard had to have changed their policy after v3 of the Zygor Guides was released. v3 was developed to comply with the (current at the time) addon policy, which at that time did not contain the portion about services related to an addon. Either way, the policies are always changing and, as you say, how it's enforced is up to the game publisher.
                      Did you mean Zygor 2? the one with the cogs etc because nothing has change regarding policy with Zygor 3. It doesn't really matter because I doubt Blizzard even care about Zygor.

The addon policy has been the same ever since it was first introduced.. so I'm not sure what you're reffering to.

and it was done mostly because of Questhelper and Carbonite because after 5 millions downloads of those addons combined there would be a substantial amount of support required for the confused people thinking why they have to pay for wow again when it fact it was the addon asking them for money, or people contacting Blizzard on how to get their addon to work because neither Questhelper and Carbonite offer any technical support.

every ticket support or phone calls that Blizzard have to answer too about Questhelper or Carbonite cost them money while the Addon developers are laughing away to the bank.

Comment

You could be right. It's been a while since the change was made due to addon policy stuff and my memory isn't always the best.
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Have a five day free time for Rift if anybody wants to try it out? PM me your email.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Massively:
                            With little fanfare, Trion Worlds has released an iPhone mobile app this past weekend for RIFT that should make staying in touch with guildies and in-game events far easier for the on-the-go set.

The app is called RIFT Mobile and is currently available for the low, low price of "free." The app allows RIFT players to talk to friends and guildies whether they're in-game or also using the app -- and yes, there are push notifications if you so desire. The app also supports guild and officer chat, guild messages of the day, zone event notifications, and the guild wall.

Probably the most intriguing feature of the RIFT Mobile app is something called "Lootables" -- ways to earn actual in-game loot while using the app. The app is available in English, French and German languages and can be used only by current players of the game. A community rep on the official forums has confirmed that it's "an early release/beta" and that more official info is on the way.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Rift's First Expansion Storm Legion

As soon as I can I will add the Trailer when it gets to YouTube.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Storm Legion Trailer:
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X