OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So speculate how long until MOP? June, August, October, December or ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Cross Realm Zones
        Cross realm zones appear to work similar to phasing, with no loading screen required! You can even duel your friends from other realms.

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Blue Posts

Quest Rewards Lack Spirit
          Note that I have about 10K spellpower and a little over 7K mana regen. When I think about it, 10K spellpower is what I had in epic 85 gear with about 6K mana regen. Taking into account the huge mana pool increase at 89 (250K versus my ~132K live at 85), this is quite troubling.
          I'm looking at the Townlong quest rewards, just because that's what I happen to have in front of me, and it looks like you would get about 1800 Spirit from the ilevel 429 gear in that zone. How much Spirit do you have at the moment?

I'm wondering if part of what is going on is that mana pool and spell costs jump instantly when you level, but regen requires you to gear back up to that level. It's the same phenomenon that happens with say crit or haste but it may feel worse with Spirit.

Like Tiriel, I cringe when I queue for Mogo'shan. I'm thinking that place is overtuned versus the gear we have. I can only cover so many player mistakes. (Yeah, I know. They need to get out of the fire and all that.)
          Entirely possible. We ran it the other day, and the final boss did way too much damage from traps. The mechanics have changed a little bit because of that, and of course it's hard for me to remember which version of the dungeon you have without just jumping into beta myself and doing the dungeon.

Again, level up dungeons have to be easy because of the simple fact that if you die much at all, you're just going to run the quests instead, given that even the best rewards from a level up dungeon won't last more than a few hours. If dungeons are inefficient, players will just skip them. At max level it's a different story obviously.

That is exactly what it should be balanced around, healing in that gear when you have crap regen with crap quest gear. So you should be able to heal brewery in 333 gear that you get in Twilight Highlands because that's the previous step right? Without basically any enchants and anything really going for you. If that's the case, which it is, obviously the dungeons are going to have to take a small step down in their difficulty scale.
          Exactly. If you can't heal those dungeons yet, then there is a problem on our end. Some of you are acting like the system is fundamentally flawed and can't be fixed. It can be, fairly easily.

It would be helpful to hear a few numbers from you guys, such as character level, average ilevel and current Spirit. It doesn't need to be super precise.

This is a very good question. Having to swap specs every time you turn in a quest to game your rewards would be very cumbersome.
          1) You shouldn't need a lot of Spirit to heal a level up dungeon. A Ret paladin with a lot of Strength gear who swaps Holy should still be a tolerable healer.

2) There are several redundant quest rewards. If you already have the shoulders for your primary spec, take the ones for your off-spec. This is particularly true of Four Winds - Krasarang which are the same level, and Townlong - Dread Wastes, which are the same level.

3) We offer choices in gear (say healer vs. nuker) for many quests, typically end-cappers, blue rewards, weapons and trinkets. In the final zones, there are even more of those since we figure players who level as DPS may start thinking about their end-game healer or tanking gear at that time.

4) If all else fails, there are vendors scattered about with decent green gear. If you have been leveling as Enhance and want to try Resto, you can get a good enough head start by hitting the vendors. Again, the leveling up content where you would want to heal should not feel dangerous at all, especially once you've seen the bosses once.

Nobody is arguing that healers need a lot of Spirit to function. It is our intention that you want a lot of Spirit and can get a lot of Spirit. You should not need Spirit in every slot.

Feedback is very mixed in this thread, so trying to distill it down to one of the following would be more useful than more posts of "I need Spirit," which doesn't give us much information. What we are trying to ascertain is which of the following is true:

1) You have Spirit on nearly every piece and still can't function.
          2) You want more Spirit but can't find any.
          3) You don't have Spirit on every piece, so you want more.
          4) You want so much Spirit that you never run OOM.

Points 1 and 2 are of the most concern to us, but it's still important to distinguish which problem is occurring. Is the problem acquiring Spirit, or is the problem that even with Spirit on many pieces, you run out of mana too frequently?

In this case, it's probably also more relevant how many heals you can cast before running out of mana just standing around alone somewhere, because when healing a dungeon, we can't easily extract from your feedback alone whether the encounters cause too much damage or whether the damage is appropriate and it's the HPS or longevity that are low.

After reading more of this feedback and looking at the zones, we're concerned that there aren't enough quest rewards with Spirit on them. We are leaning towards offering more, as choices, so that players who feel like their Spirit is low can choose to have more.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

The Black Market AH Only Caters to the 1%
            Once there is more information about how this all works, we'll provide more insight into it.

When we can share more about what we're going for and how it will all work, we will. It's not a deeply shrouded mystery, and you get the general gist, but as it's still in testing to begin with, it's hard to go into details about something that we don't have details for aside from what we think we want to try out. (And we don't plan to share that currently. We prefer to test and see first. )

Infuriated by the Black Market
            It's worth noting that since we're in beta, we're still looking into what our philosophies are for what should and what shouldn't be on the Black Market. We're also trying to discern the frequency/rarity of what shows up there as well.

Again, I want to reinforce that we are in beta and the most helpful sorts of discussions everyone can have is simply in sharing constructive feedback about what you're experiencing with the new features and what you'd like to see or not see.

Male Pandaren Dance Changed?
            We're looking into this. Most likely there was some erroneous data pushed. It's being investigated however. When we do another beta push, this should be corrected again.

Inactive Guild Master Replacement
            The idea of this feature is that in many cases, a guild leader will leave for a time and there's no contingency for someone else to be able to handle the guild if that guild leader chooses not to return (or whatever other issues may occur). Many guild members who experienced missing guild leaders made it clear that they wanted a means by which they could gain control of a guild if the guild leader went missing or was gone for a long while.

We've adjusted the length of time until this occurs as well as changed the eligibility for this to get passed along both. You can see the details in the following post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4488479071

If you're on vacation for a few months, the update gives you 90 days now instead of the original 30 days
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

The REAL Black Money Auction House

From The Daily Blink:
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Blue Posts

Reasoning for the New Vendor Filtering?
                  Some of the vendors have so many items that they literally would not fit in the current UI. There is a max page size that is something reasonable. Now we could expand the number of pages a vendor shows, but honestly that doesn't seem like the best answer just so you could scroll through 22 pages of BoP gear to reach the plate armor that you can actually use.

It is intended that BoE or BoA items are always visible regardless of class. It sounds like that just isn't implemented yet.

We also need to do some additional polish to make sure the vendor remembers what your current filter settings were, at least for the current vendor or play session or something that will feel intuitive.

Death Knight

Death Knight Feedback FAQ
                  As promised, here are some responses to some of the more common DK questions we have seen. There are several threads on the topic, and I don't mean to suggest anything by posting here instead of somewhere else. It's also not possible to address every single (often contradictory) point brought up by every player, but hopefully this will give you some idea of where we are coming from.

Every DK is going to take talent X.
                  We haven't been convinced yet that that is the case. Please keep providing feedback on talents you like and don't like and we'll consider it.

Blood's AE threat is too weak.
                  Blood's AE threat should be comparable to other tanks and we'll make sure that that is the case. Remember that AE tank threat is intended to hold aggro against AE DPS threat. That is to say, if you have a DPS going to town on a single-target, your AE buttons are probably not sufficient to hold threat in those cases (otherwise there would be not distinction between a tank single-target and AE rotation). We don't want to buff Death and Decay for all DKs, but we could for Blood if needed.

I don't want to stance dance.
                  You shouldn't have to. Our intent with the Glyph of Shifting Presences is largely to make it easier for a DPS DK to go Blood to "turtle up." We don't want Frost and Unholy DKs to shift a lot between Frost and Unholy Presence. If you feel like the right thing to do is swap frequently between the two, that's not intended and something we'd want to fix.

What Presences should Frost and Unholy use then?
                  Dual-wield Frost should use Frost Presence. 2H Frost and all Unholy DKs should use Unholy Presence. Our thinking goes that a DK using a 2H will be flooded with more resources than they can spend unless they are in Unholy.

Unholy DKs lack burst AE.
                  There are numbers we worry about and there are numbers we don't. We want all specs to have comparable AE damage (and single target damage too). AE damage in particular is very sensitive to combat length. Different specs do better on short AE cycles than long AE cycles, and we're okay with that. If you aren't AE'ing for very long, then Frost DPS will probably beat Unholy. We're okay with that. We aren't trying to guarantee DPS to be identical in all situations, or else the classes and specs really start to blend together. Overall, Unholy's damage is designed around lots of abilities, including managing diseases, so none of those abilities are going to hit super hard on their own.

Why doesn't the Gargoyle scale with mastery?
                  Because it ultimately doesn't need to. We want mastery to affect portions of damage (or healing) and not just be a +10% damage stat that scales perfectly no matter what you do. If the Gargoyle does more damage for DKs with comparatively low mastery, we don't think that's a problem. Now if the Gargoyle damage isn't high enough across the board (especially in PvE -- it's still useful in PvP) then we can buff it.

I don't like that Killing Machine devalues crit and that I can waste it on Frost Strike instead of Obliterate.
                  We make abilities guarantee crit when they hit for really hard damage. The alternative is their damage is unpredictable, which can cause balance problems especially in PvP. We think there are plenty of tuning knobs to make sure crit (and haste and mastery) are all relatively valuable for Frost. As far as Obliterate goes, using KM the most efficient way is one of those mechanics we put in to elevate some players or rotations over others. The most interesting rotations (for any class) carry some risk of failure (and by “failure” I mean inefficiency not a total collapse of your DPS). There are times when you may want to Frost Strike on a Killing Machine. If you really want to Obliterate instead, you can hold the attack for a second or two. If you “fail” and “waste” a KM on the occasional Frost Strike, your DPS won't drop that much.

Soul Reaper needs to do Shadowfrost damage.
                  We made a couple of talents do Shadowfrost damage because we want them to be of relatively equal value for both Frost and Unholy. That's not necessary of core abilities, because there is no risk of a given player not taking the ability. We're fine with Shadow doing more damage in execute-range, so long as Frost's damage is higher the rest of the time to make up for it.

Army of the Dead feels weak.
                  That's entirely possible. It's on a long cooldown so there's no reason it should feel wimpy. There is probably plenty of room to buff it.

Runeforging is boring.
                  We agree that this feature has not lived up to its potential. We still have plans to address it, though it's not on our "must fix" list for Mists. The current system works fine and we'd rather not monkey with it unless we have a system that we are certain will be an improvement. We don't want to cause a lot of confusion about which runeforges various DKs are supposed to use.

I hate casting Unholy Frenzy on Fury warriors.
                  I'm not quite sure I understand the issues with this concern. Unholy Frenzy is haste (not attack speed, but actual resource-generating haste). There should be plenty of classes who like haste. Even today we see a lot of guilds just use it on their highest DPS player, which often is not the Fury warrior. We'd like to keep the design as a buff you can put on someone else, just because that's what it was back in the Warcraft RTS days.

Why is Plague Leech a dps increase compared to the other talents?
                  It isn't intended to be. All of those talents are rune conservation talents. Roiling Blood gives you free Pestilence. Unholy Blight likewise saves you disease runes.

Also Unholy Frenzy isn't that useful when it's optimal for the class to stack Haste already, plus Fury gets the large Mastery bonus from it being an Enrage.
                  Hmm, that's not intended. Enrage means an awful lot of warriors for now. It's probably not necessary that Unholy Frenzy needs to be dispelled in PvP anyway so we can just make it not an Enrage.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Breath of the Black Prince

To go along with the new The Black Prince faction there are some quests that end with the reward of a legendary item, the
                    Breath of the Black Prince
                    ! This item is likely used to upgrade your gear in some way. Before helping Wrathion, you first
                    share a drink with him while talking about the future of Azeroth.

The first quest in the series requires an honored reputation level, which is earned by killing the mogu and mantid in the Townlong Steppes and the Dread Wastes, as well as any raid creatures.

You must also collect Sigil of Wisdom x 10 and Sigil of Power x 10 from Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, or Terrace of Endless Spring. While you are raiding, you need to defeat the Sha of Fear in Terrace of Endless Spring to obtain a Chimera of Fear.

At some point after this he will reward you with a Breath of the Black Prince, but the quests are not chained yet, so we can't be certain as to what the requirements are.

According to the quest descriptions he seems heavily invested in the fate of Pandaria, even hinting towards the oncoming Horde and Alliance war fleets that will turn the beach of Krasarang Wilds into a battlezone in Patch 5.1.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

It looks like someone is taking a break from Diablo III long enough to get us another patch! This patch brings BattleTags support, Item Upgrade strings, Armored Moonkin form, and some interesting goggles:
                      Mist-Piercing Goggles
                      . The Goggles don't have an assigned profession to craft them yet, but the
                      required tools point to engineering!

Another legendary item appeared as well, likely related to the quest line mentioned yesterday: Mysterious Note.

New Moonkin Armored Form

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Archaeology
                        Professions
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Cooking

Professions
                          Dungeons & Raids
                          General
                          Pandaria
                          Exploration
                          Quests
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Professions

Scenarios
                            • Pub Crawl (New) Complete the Brewmaster scenario achievements listed below.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mounts

Flying
                              Ground
                              Companions
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

New Armor and Weapons

For a full list of new items in this patch,
                                check WoWDB.

476 Staff Physical DPS Two Hand Runed Staff
                                476 Staff Physical DPS Two Hand Staff of the Planes
                                476 Staff Physical DPS Two Hand Tattooed Staff
                                476 Staff Physical DPS Two Hand Silver Inlaid Staff
                                463 Armor Trinket Bubblier Brightbrew Charm
                                463 Armor Trinket Mithril Stopwatch
                                463 Armor Trinket Bitterer Balebrew Charm
                                463 Armor Trinket Coren's Chilled Chromium Coaster
                                463 Armor Tank Trinket Brawler's Trophy
                                463 Armor Spell DPS Trinket Petrified Pickled Egg
                                463 Plate Melee Head The Horseman's Horrific Hood
                                463 Sword Melee One Hand The Horseman's Sinister Slicer
                                450 Armor Spell Spirit Off Hand Record of Mysterious Deeds
                                450 Armor Tank Back Blade-Dulling Greatcloak
                                450 Armor Trinket Daelo's Final Words
                                450 Armor Spell DPS Finger Anaxo's Multi-Layered Seal
                                450 Armor Melee Neck Astrylian's Cheerful Charm
                                450 Cloth Spell Spirit Hands Wind-Kissed Handwraps
                                450 Cloth Spell DPS Waist Repression Belt
                                450 Leather Physical DPS Head Zom's Misty Hood
                                450 Leather Spell DPS Wrists Bracers of Rolling Fields
                                450 Mail Spell Spirit Head Helm of Elemental Binding
                                450 Mail Physical DPS Shoulders Fletcher's Sharpening Shoulders
                                450 Plate Tank Waist Unbreakable Waistplate
                                450 Plate Melee Chest Cryptwarden's Breastplate
                                450 Shield Spell Spirit Off Hand Mesmeric Shield
                                450 Bow Physical DPS Ranged Ennadee's Twirling Longbow
                                450 Mace Melee Two Hand Lerah's Ribsmasher
                                450 Staff Physical DPS Two Hand Kaleiki's Lost Training Staff
                                450 Fist Weapon Melee One Hand Fist of Fate
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X