Disappointed in D3 guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed in D3 guide

I purchased the WoW guide and was really impressed. I felt that the guide gave a lot of value and made it easier for me to get ahead without having to spend a ton of energy reading/learning/planning. After all, I have a day job.

So I was looking for something similar for D3. I didn't necessarily expect an in-game addon, but i was expecting some insider information:

* Best leveling spells for barb in nightmare
    * Best way to be a tank in team hell mode
    * Fastest way to get to level 30
    * Best stats to aim for

However what I got instead was:

* What classes exist in the game
    * What previous games came before d3
    * How fun a mage is to play

As you can imagine, I'm disappointed. I purchased the D3 guide on my belief in your brand. I admit I didn't see the guide before buying it. I bought it on trust.

I would like a refund. I click "Contact us" and i get a 404-not-found error. Fun.

Here is an example of what I would expect from Zygor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GingW60zprM

Comment

We are aware of the Support link not working. You can send an email to support@zygorguides.com.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I too am very disappointed in the guide. I actually went and bought the Brady Games book guide to get what I had hoped Zygor had to offer here. very unhappy with this purchase.

Comment

Ditto. Refund please.

Comment

You need to do any requests like that via email.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Absolutely terrible... Zygor's wow guide is a staple for me.... D3's guide? ... Well, I just threw away $20 on junk. :P

Comment

well ... I am a bit disapointed to ... mostly that your guide is incomplete .. only walkthrough stops at act 2, and the class guides stop at lvl 13

Comment

i just got the guide and zygor have not made it that good it give zygor a bad rep

Comment

Agree, all of this information is available for free online. I expected more.

Comment

Originally posted by smyersm View Post
                      Here is an example of what I would expect from Zygor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GingW60zprM
                      haha that's the video and build i use as well i have been watching these guys from the start, can't wait for them to get more info out. Yea I have the feeling 20 bucks went out the window too, no class updates (barb, wiz) since launch i beat the game 2 and a half times now still nothing at this point i don't need the guide, obviously google has awesome videos and videos already. I loved the wow guide, it was amazing. This D3 guide definitively set you guys back

Comment

Ive got a feeling that Zygor jumped the gun on there D3 guide, the beta only allowed up to Skeleton King anyway so its likely since you have to go to their website to look at it that its still a work in progress and that they will be updating it as need be. Just a tip from me it probably would have been better to wait till at least your normal Act1-4 was finished before releasing.

Comment

Also really unhappy about this. Days now with no word on it. Absolutely not up to your regular standard. I bought the guide without even thinking about alternatives because of the quality of your WoW guides. Rest assured, I'll never do that again.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give an update so it's clear what's going on with our Diablo III guide.
                            Even with our notice that the Diablo III guide was being sold as an incomplete guide
                            that would be updated as quickly as possible, it seems many were unaware of that
                            and are looking at the current state of the guide as the final product.

I'd really like to stress and reassure you that what you're seeing right now is NOT the
                            final product - far from it, actually.

However, with that said, there's been a lot going on behind the scenes as far as work
                            on our Diablo III guide that you haven't been able to see much of. We will be providing
                            more in-depth builds and strategies for each class, which will become very helpful
                            in the later difficulties like Hell and Inferno.

Our team now has level 60's of every class in the game and are now working to put
                            together the information for all classes past level 13 - which is all you're seeing right
                            now. We hope to have much more information for all classes posted into the guide
                            by Monday afternoon.

For the walkthrough, the groundwork is being laid by adding the core game quests
                            as we write them, so you will now begin seeing quest pages appearing in real-time
                            in the walkthrough. Once the core game quests are added, we will do a second sweep
                            to add the various dungeons and pieces of lore available during each quest - similar
                            to what you can currently see in the first few quests of Act I.

Next, we have Achievements. In Diablo III, you will naturally complete achievements
                            by simply playing the game, similar to World of Warcraft. However, there are also
                            many achievements that you have to actively try and work to complete. Once the
                            class guides are finalized, we will begin work on adding guides for all the achievements
                            in Diablo III - particularly the achievements that are much less straightforward, so you
                            can rack up the Achievement Points and special Banners rewards.

After that, we will be adding a Gold and Auction House guide. A huge part of Diablo III
                            is focusing on getting more money and better items for your characters. That will be what
                            this portion of the guide is all about.

We are aiming to get the bulk of all of this done very quickly, so that you have a solid guide
                            to use. We've always striven to provide you with the best quality guides available, and that's
                            not something we have any intention on changing now. So, please bear with us as we work
                            to provide the product that we've promised to you.

Thank you for your patience, we appreciate it. Take care.

John Cook
                            Zygor Guides, LLC
                            http://www.zygorguides.com
                            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I bought this today via paypal, but can't see how to get it, where is it, what am I supposed to do???

Comment

Working...
                              X