Disappointed in D3 guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn sad d3 guide, zygor, damn sad.

Enjoy the money, it's the last time I will purchase anything from here.

Pissed-off Papa!

Comment

Also i hope zygor and the team know about elective mode....

Comment

I also agree that this guide is overwhelmingly disappointing. Blah, blah, blah, then Continue on to next point.........lol nice guide folks!!

Comment

I feel you guys are not giving them a chance. The game is out what, 12 days, and you all expect a super detailed guide of all classes to level 60 with the best builds for each difficulty? Be reasonable guys, they are working on it constantly, they're don't have super powers, they are human like the rest of us. Expecting them to have a super detailed guide in 12 days is just unreasonable on all your parts. And seriously, if you think $30 (or $20) is a lot, then you shouldn't have bought the guide in the first place. Stop complaining already and give them a chance to get the guides detailed and sorted.

Give them a chance god damnit.

Comment

Whether or not you agree with the people that are disappointed, it is their right to be disappointed if they feel that what they ordered was not what they got. To put it in perspective, if someone bought a product, someone else put out a book, but a majority of that book was blank with the publisher basically saying "we'll get to it when we get to it" that person wouldn't have the right to be upset? In retrospect, they really should have waited for their guide to be finished for them to offer it.

Comment

Originally posted by fifogigo View Post
              Whether or not you agree with the people that are disappointed, it is their right to be disappointed if they feel that what they ordered was not what they got. To put it in perspective, if someone bought a product, someone else put out a book, but a majority of that book was blank with the publisher basically saying "we'll get to it when we get to it" that person wouldn't have the right to be upset? In retrospect, they really should have waited for their guide to be finished for them to offer it.
              You're telling me when you bought a diablo 3 guide 12 or less days after the game came out you expected it to be finished and polished? Sorry, you only have yourself to blame if that's the case. No where did it state the guide was completely finished and polished, and it shouldn't expected to be so early after the games release.

edit: This is not like WoW where you can reach max level on the beta and already plan out an "optimal" leveling path for getting to max level when the game goes live, the diablo 3 beta went up to level 13, there was no way they could have a finished and polished guide ready for release.

Comment

snipersparadise, Ill send you a PM as to why your post was edited.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

We appreciate peoples point of view on the products offered, but this thread now has the potential to become something other that legitimate complaints and/or concerns about the D3 guide.
                  Please dont let this thread turn into anything other than people offering their opinion on the guide they paid for.
                  If it gets personal, we'll have to shut it down.
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Did I say I personally expected it to be finished and polished at any place in what I said? Nor do I expect that it would be complete on the day the game came out, but I DO expect there to be what I would be able to call a reasonable amount of information within a reasonable amount of time. 2 Acts in 12 days is NOT what I can consider reasonable. Using the whole WOW thing as a reason is not something I can accept either, WOW has a huge number of quests, D3 does not. And personally I do believe that people have a right to their own opinion, you can honestly talk down to them all you want, but I have a valid opinion, and there is no reason to look down on anyone for that.

Comment

Originally posted by fifogigo View Post
                      Did I say I personally expected it to be finished and polished at any place in what I said? Nor do I expect that it would be complete on the day the game came out, but I DO expect there to be what I would be able to call a reasonable amount of information within a reasonable amount of time. 2 Acts in 12 days is NOT what I can consider reasonable. Using the whole WOW thing as a reason is not something I can accept either, WOW has a huge number of quests, D3 does not. And personally I do believe that people have a right to their own opinion, you can honestly talk down to them all you want, but I have a valid opinion, and there is no reason to look down on anyone for that.
                      I'm not talking down to anyone, I'm merely expressing my opinion that your opinion is based on things that are not realistic, like most peoples opinions of the guide thus far. This is merely a discussion, I have no intent for it to be an argument.

Comment

Well really you can Google a full amount of information in a few minutes. I am in ACT IV Nightmare, and I am not going fast. The guide has been out for a bit and we heard a week ago that updates were coming. I haven't seen anything that would be called an update. Making a selection of abilities to take for 60 levels is easy. There is no reasoning as to why choose this ability over that.

Even in ACT II, there is nothing saying where possible spawn points are for different things. The Achievement section just restates what was said in the achievement box. There isn't even a list of the items that you have to find and location for the "COW" level, not going to spoil it but there are full videos of it everywhere. Its called "Whimsyshire"

I am optimistic however, I have been a fan of Zygor for many years. But, come on guys, even cutting and pasting what countless other sites have, would be better than nothing. Still going to hold out until after this long weekend in hopes for something.

Comment

I do agree, it is a disappointment at this time, do you plan on updating it with the rest of the levels, and adding some more content in the near future?? I know that getting something out in the beginning of the game is very hectic, and would hope this is just the beginning of something greater. I know you will do your best, and that is usually awesome!! Looking forward to more soon.

Comment

People really need to stop whining.
                            I saw it as giving money to a bunch of great guide makers to help fund them to continue to make a guide that will be brilliant.
                            Look at the ongoing WOW stuff they do...
                            Just chill out. You will get a complete guide

Comment

Its not whining. Look at the date that some of us joined. We know how good their guides are, that's why we're disappointed in how long it is taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                                Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give an update so it's clear what's going on with our Diablo III guide.
                                Even with our notice that the Diablo III guide was being sold as an incomplete guide
                                that would be updated as quickly as possible, it seems many were unaware of that
                                and are looking at the current state of the guide as the final product.

I'd really like to stress and reassure you that what you're seeing right now is NOT the
                                final product - far from it, actually.

However, with that said, there's been a lot going on behind the scenes as far as work
                                on our Diablo III guide that you haven't been able to see much of. We will be providing
                                more in-depth builds and strategies for each class, which will become very helpful
                                in the later difficulties like Hell and Inferno.

Our team now has level 60's of every class in the game and are now working to put
                                together the information for all classes past level 13 - which is all you're seeing right
                                now. We hope to have much more information for all classes posted into the guide
                                by Monday afternoon.

For the walkthrough, the groundwork is being laid by adding the core game quests
                                as we write them, so you will now begin seeing quest pages appearing in real-time
                                in the walkthrough. Once the core game quests are added, we will do a second sweep
                                to add the various dungeons and pieces of lore available during each quest - similar
                                to what you can currently see in the first few quests of Act I.

Next, we have Achievements. In Diablo III, you will naturally complete achievements
                                by simply playing the game, similar to World of Warcraft. However, there are also
                                many achievements that you have to actively try and work to complete. Once the
                                class guides are finalized, we will begin work on adding guides for all the achievements
                                in Diablo III - particularly the achievements that are much less straightforward, so you
                                can rack up the Achievement Points and special Banners rewards.

After that, we will be adding a Gold and Auction House guide. A huge part of Diablo III
                                is focusing on getting more money and better items for your characters. That will be what
                                this portion of the guide is all about.

We are aiming to get the bulk of all of this done very quickly, so that you have a solid guide
                                to use. We've always striven to provide you with the best quality guides available, and that's
                                not something we have any intention on changing now. So, please bear with us as we work
                                to provide the product that we've promised to you.

Thank you for your patience, we appreciate it. Take care.

John Cook
                                Zygor Guides, LLC
                                http://www.zygorguides.com

Hmmm, This was posted over a week ago and it seems your guide is still the same. Monday has came and gone and its a week later and still nothing. I bought this 2 days after d3 released and hell im already level 60 in inferno. No need for the guide now. I think you should refund our money especially the people that are asking for refunds. All in all your doing nothing but taking a great reputation and tarnishing it. I love the wow guide always have always will but honestly this saddens me because i will be sceptical to buy any other guide but the wow guides in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X