No announcement yet.

Carbonite arrow issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, sounds like this one can finally be put to rest.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Rests are always short-lived it seems.

Found another issue just now that I didn't test for previously when I said things were golden.

The clear distance modification works great on the leveling guides where there are multiple points. However, I decided to speed-level professions on one of my toons today and ran into another issue.

The routes for the profession guides during farming sections are not clearing when waypoints are reached using Carbonite waypointing. I can stand directly on top of the point and it will show a 0 yd distance but never move to the next point.

Unfortunately, as I said, I never bothered to test the farming routes after the ((1/2 dist)-1) clear change on routes so I can't say if it was happening last week. I can, however, confirm that Carbonite's routing functions properly when I manually set waypoints and crate a route from them or if I have Carbonite make a route from some of its internal nodes.

I went so far as to completely wipe Carbonite and the guides (including SVs) and start from scratch using latest Carbonite and guide r3166 to make sure it wasn't just Carbonite going nuts for some reason, and the situation remains the same.

Not sure if it's something to do with the clear distance, patch 4.3 doing something silly, or something silly with Carbonite but that's what's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by daeymien View Post
        The routes for the profession guides during farming sections are not clearing when waypoints are reached using Carbonite waypointing. I can stand directly on top of the point and it will show a 0 yd distance but never move to the next point.
        Not quite sure what it may be, but going to go out and test. On a side note, I was using an old copy of Carbonite, it may have something with it.

Rests are always short-lived it seems.
        <offtop>And then John was a zombie ™</offtop>

Comment

Update: should be fixed as per rev.3210.

Comment

Ok, rechecked with "normal" guides and the farming routes using r3212 and it seems to be working fine for both now. Hopefully we can write this one off permanently now.

In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger (as Adam Gibson): "[looks toward issue] Try and stay dead this time."

<offtop>
            Fun things heard while testing:
            [14:42:17] [$] [51:<NAMEREMOVED>]: why isnt my zygor working?
            [14:42:27] [$] [51:<NAMEREMOVED>]: I did enable it, its just not popping up
            </offtop>

Comment

Necro'ing this thread back up (yet) again.

Haven't been using any guides that actually needed to follow a single waypoint lately so I'm not sure if this started with 4.3.2 patch or one of the latest updates to the guide viewer, however the problem of the single waypoint not clearing using Carbonite Waypointing has resurfaced.

Shot is using version 3.3.3494 of the guide viewer and the Shattered Sun Pre-Quest and Dailies guide as an example.

Not sure if it may be related or not, but Hearth and Fly steps are also not clearing on arrival.

Comment

Will let the programmer know.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                X