Firelands Dailies - Step 3 <Question>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wbrown View Post
    into the fire and forlorn spire I dont think are in guide yet, however they are easy enough to figure out if you search for the name of the quest.
    This is a LONG quest chain, you do over and over to unlock more, and more, and more.
    bright light at the end of the tunnel is the 378 gear.
    The name of the product is the Dailies and Events guide. The Cataclysm dailies have Cata dailies. Not most of them, but all of them.
    If you havent done all the quests or gotten all the marks to unlock all the dailies, it would be good not to spread misinformation. However, if you have (I already know you havent), and you see some holes or problems, then you can post them here to fine-tune the guide.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
      (I already know you havent)
      You don't know me, and yes I have done them all on 2 characters already.
      You assume too much.

Comment

into the fire and forlorn spire I dont think are in guide yet
        I looked them up and both are in the Firelands dailies guides for Horde and Alliance. Cannot give you the step number as they are missing in the guide files but if you search for the quest IDs in the files you'll find them (29205 and 29206).

Comment

You don't know me, and yes I have done them all on 2 characters already.
          You assume too much.
          I assumed nothing. The problem I had with the post is the subjective description you gave to the Cataclysm guides based off of the following...
          into the fire and forlorn spire I dont think are in guide yet...
          Followed up to that was me stating that I know you dont have the FL dailies guides, or have not used them. (Could have worded it different, but meh.) IF you had the guides, you would know those quests are a in the guide or not, right? So you described what a guide has based off an assumption of yours. As Cartman posted after yours, they are there.
          So, there was no assumption on my part, but a request to not entail what a guide does or does not cover if you havent used it.
          But I have to say, the mod sass was a riot.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

It is challenging to understand Zygor's Cat Firelands Dailies guide at first because it functions differently from its normal PvE leveling guides. In the latter, when it says "go here and accept that," you'll find it. In the Cat Dailies for Firelands, however, the guide lists every possible quest you might get in the most-efficient order to get 'em/turn 'em in - but your toon might not be far enough along in the overarching quest chain to get something yet, or a particular NPC might not offer something that day. That's just the way Firelands works.

The best advice I can offer is to just trust the guide. If you go someplace and the NPC isn't there, or is but isn't offering the quest, just advance the guide to the next step. I've completed the entire FL quest chain but admit I had early moments running around feeling frustrated because I was "certain" I should be able to do something by now. I even checked these forums thinking that the guide wasn't working properly. Eventually, I just settled down and trusted the Zygor guide.

The second suggestion I offer is to realize that the FL Quest guide and the FL Dailies guide are two parts of the same thing. The FL Quest guide is the overarching chain you need to complete. But to advance past certain stages, you'll need to collect 150 or 125 Marks of the World Tree at various points. At those steps, you need to switch to the FL Dailies guide and grind those to gather enough of 'em to advance in the FL Quest guide, which tells you how many you need and actually updates the quantity you need too.

Finally, for those wondering if they aren't earning all the Marks of the World Tree (MOWT) they could each day, it's important to understand that this area is progressive and that it takes a long time to complete - weeks because of the daily caps. I started it in the beginning of August and didn't complete the whole chain until September 15, and that was earning my max MOWT nearly every day. Initially, I earned 14 per day, then 25/26, then 29. Each MOWT daily increase happens after you complete a "milestone" in the main quest guide, at which point you'll start seeing the Firelands phasing. And definitely make sure you've completed the Firelands Pre-quests section.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X