Make Money, No Gimmicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Money, No Gimmicks

"With you Zygor Professions Guides, you'll utilize an exact method of gold-making Blizzard intended for the game, as opposed to disappointing gimmicks."

These guides are best suited for:
    ■*Players looking for the best ways to make gold.

Now, where are these details in the guides??

■*Anyone who would like to create unique for themselves or friends.Now, where are these details in the guides??

Did I really pay for a simple 1 - 525 profession guide?? There are tons and tons of these for free on the web. Seriously? Or did I just not look in the right place?
    Last edited by bearthunder; October 5, 2011, 12:35 PM. Reason: Cleared it up a bit

Professions in general fit the criteria listed above, as Professions remain the best way to make gold and they enable to to create unique items for yourself and your friends. Is there anything in particular you're referring to that you feel is missing from the guide?
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Well, how about telling me where in the guide I should look to "utilize an exact method of gold-making" you so boldly bragged about all over your Professions Guides page? And I think the key word here is "exact", is it an exact way for us as players to make gold, or is it for you to exact gold from us as buyers?

Comment

Originally posted by bearthunder View Post
        Well, how about telling me where in the guide I should look to "utilize an exact method of gold-making" you so boldly bragged about all over your Professions Guides page? And I think the key word here is "exact", is it an exact way for us as players to make gold, or is it for you to exact gold from us as buyers?
        Have you tried following the guides? For example, gathering professions will make you a lot of gold just from selling the materials, whereas the crafting professions allow you to offer creation services to other players and to make high level items that can be sold for a lot of money on the auction.

Comment

Maybe you could implement guides for popular crafts like the Landslide or other weapon enchants with which you can make a lot of gold.

Comment

Everyone has a different method for gold making. If everyone used the same method, nothing would ever sell on the AH, thus, everyone ending up poor.

Comment

Sorry Zygor Support 2, but now you're just bs'ing me. I love your guides, have used them for quite some time to level quite a few toons. But claiming that your Professions Guides are gold making guides in any way, that's just nonsens, and you know it very well. Drop all the crap about making gold, and I'm more than happy to buy (actually already did) the Professions & Achievements guide, but claiming that it's a gold making guide? Nah, that's just not true. It's a gimmick to sell the guide, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Sorry Zygor Support 2, but now you're just bs'ing me. I love your guides, have used them for quite some time to level quite a few toons. But claiming that your Professions Guides are gold making guides in any way, that's just nonsens, and you know it very well. Drop all the crap about making gold, and I'm more than happy to buy (actually already did) the Professions & Achievements guide, but claiming that it's a gold making guide? Nah, that's just not true. It's a gimmick to sell the guide, nothing more, nothing less.
                It sounds like you're under the impression that this is intended to be a "Gold Guide", like a lot of the other guides available on the market. Unfortunately these guides are the TRUE gimmicks and we did not want to create something like that. That is why it is called a Professions guide, but I don't understand what the problem would be in saying it helps you make gold. I do like Cartman's suggestion though to add in something that focuses on certain items known to make a lot of gold.

Comment

I'm under the impression that when you use phrases like "get filthy rich", "Players looking for the best ways to make gold", "Make Money, No Gimmicks", "You've likely seen other "get rich quick" schemes for World of Warcraft" (make a not of the use of the word "other", which leads me to think this is some sort of "Gold Guide") and "you'll utilize an exact method of gold-making".

I did not expect a magic gudie on how to get 10.000 gold a day, not even a guide to make any exact amount of gold a day. What I did expect was a guide that would point me to things to craft, either for selling or for dissenchanting, that on a normal running server would earn me some gold.

And you (Zygor) is actually marketing the guide as a "Gold Guide", there is no question about that. I was just wondering how you can claim that a 1 -525 guide is a guide on how to make gold? The guide doesn't even cover how to get the plans/recipes for making the unique items that really sell. Not many of the items you craft when grinding skill points tend to be very unique, nor do they sell very well. I found the best way to earn gold when skilling any crafting profession is to dissenchant what you craft, and either sell the enchanting mats or make enchants to sell.

But, seriously, I was just curious to see if you would admit to using some carefully selected words and phrases to get more people to buy your Professions Guides. ;-)

Comment

But, seriously, I was just curious to see if you would admit to using some carefully selected words and phrases to get more people to buy your Professions Guides. ;-)
                    Obviously we're going to market our products the best we can, but there certainly was no intention to mislead people into thinking the guide was a gold guide. However, that said, by telling us what you feel is lacking from the guide we can get to work right away on adding it in, which we are doing now, so hopefully, within a few updates, you won't think it's all marketing fluff. We want every customer to be completely satisfied with the product.

Comment

How about including how to get the high level crafting plans/recipes that will teach you to make proper unique (purple) items? Include something like Ackis Recipe List?

Comment

What I really wish for is something you could use (probably while standing at the auction house) that could can just tell you what the best/highest selling cloth, mining, herbs etc are for your server.. like after a run of it, it might say "farm frostweave today" etc.

I don't know of any that actually do this, but thinking this might be more up the ally of 'auctioneer' types of addons. Maybe its time for Zygor to take a good look at the auction house and see what you can do there?

Comment

Adding a guide to get all or at least most available recipes is something that was suggested before and we may see something like that in the future.
                          The problem with high level crafts is that many of them become quite worthless with every new content patch. And it may take some time to obtain the recipes. I remember doing jewelcrafter dailies for months to get all recipes.

Comment

I felt extremely misled when I opened the guide I purchased.

Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by jsaylortx View Post
                              I felt extremely misled when I opened the guide I purchased.
                              I did as well. I was expecting something more but, meh, ill wait a few days to a week to see what gets added to it before i start gripeing (complaining).

ps I fail at spelling but the other word didnt fit the mood lol

Comment

Working...
                              X