Zygor Guides v2.0 Revealed Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i posted my comments below the video as Macto

to answer the earlier person who says it will be against blizz's policy.. all i can say there is Shhhhhhhh! if it is dont tell them

anyway. back to the important stuff. i watched the video of the new version and i must say i am very impressed. having used guides from day one of wow (or when they where given out) i said version one of Zygor was the best thing since sliced bread.. did'nt think it could get any better and then the copy catters came round.. so Zygor just went away and came back with a responce that will send all the competition running to the hills!!!

now off to download the trial and roll a new toon to test it on

excellent work yet again by the best of the best!!!

Comment

Against the policy? How? I don't see any reason for that this would be against the policy :S

Comment

OMG You guys are awsome i can not even begin to tell you how cool the new guide looks lol i hate having to run wow and keep switching back and forth to the web to add talent points and you've made it to easy now lol thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kjellboy View Post
          Against the policy? How? I don't see any reason for that this would be against the policy :S

""All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on."

That's how... Now, Zygor say they have got around this but won't say how. I really DO hope they have, but until I see an explanation other than "trade secret" or something from Blizzard saying it's ok, I'm not convinced.

Comment

Test Drive

Took the trial version for a test drive this morning. Wonderful, awesome and all the rest. Talent suggestion popped up when I got a new talent point, ready to help me place those precious points, way cool.

Can't wait for the release tommorrow which is on my birthday - how cool is that, this will be one I remeber fo r a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by sonalita View Post
              ""All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on."

That's how... Now, Zygor say they have got around this but won't say how. I really DO hope they have, but until I see an explanation other than "trade secret" or something from Blizzard saying it's ok, I'm not convinced.
              Zygor doesnt sell the addon, he sells the information which just happens to be on the addon :P which is legal to sell information
              "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listenin' to her enough, or somethin'. I don't know, I wasn't really payin' attention."
              Dumb & Dumber (1994)

Comment

Hello,

No, his guides actually do comply with the new Terms of Service. The secrets as to how he does it, will remain inside of his business :-). But, all you will have to worry about, is playing your game and enjoy your leveling guide. The Zygor Team has taken care of you :-).

Silverhawk11
                It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Sweet, looks good !

Comment

I have an older computer, will the new guide be much RAM heavier than the current version?

Comment

actually, Zygor has already explained why the Zygor Guide fits within the Blizzard addon policy (see the "off topic" section).

The GuideViewer is distributed free of charge. This is the addon.

The text that the guideviewer reads is chargeable.

It keeps to the actual wording of the policy, if not the spirit it was intended (by Blizzard).

I'm all for it, I love the Zygor guides

Comment

Hello Ariadne,

That's correct. I was talking in a larger sense :-).

Silverhawk11
                        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Sent the below text for comment approval but figured it might be a good idea to have this here -

- Give the option to have a minimalistic box or remove the artwork in the title bar
                          - Stack buttons top to bottom on either left or right side of the box
                          - Hopefully you have the option to scale the text inside the guide for people with big resolutions
                          - Pick up chain quests that reward you with decent blue weapon/armor upgrades which in turn will make your leveling faster
                          - Incorporate glyph recommendations in the talent build addon

Overall, I've used this addon to level characters from level 65 onwards and it has been a great tool. Best money I have ever spent! Like you said in your video, don't think, just play.

Comment

Originally posted by simplyblue View Post
                            - Give the option to have a minimalistic box or remove the artwork in the title bar
                            This feature is already included in the guide. You can choose to auto hide the GUI when not hovering over the guide.

- Stack buttons top to bottom on either left or right side of the box
                            Hmm, so you want the buttons to be aligned vertically on the left or right side of the box?

- Hopefully you have the option to scale the text inside the guide for people with big resolutions
                            Yes, the option to scale all the guide text is included.

- Pick up chain quests that reward you with decent blue weapon/armor upgrades which in turn will make your leveling faster
                            There have always been a few of these included.

- Incorporate glyph recommendations in the talent build addon
                            Glyph recommendations are included.
                            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Do we need to get 2000 replies in this topic before midnight GMT tonight? for the guide to be potentially free?
                              "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listenin' to her enough, or somethin'. I don't know, I wasn't really payin' attention."
                              Dumb & Dumber (1994)

Comment

Originally posted by f0059458 View Post
                                Do we need to get 2000 replies in this topic before midnight GMT tonight? for the guide to be potentially free?
                                Not in this topic I think, but here: http://www.zygorguides.com/#comment.

Also I think Zygor mentioned in his video that there would have to be 2000 unique replies. Let's hope we'll make it! :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X