No announcement yet.

Zygor Guides Version 2.0 Cancelled Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so with the Heirloom items that give 10% bonuses, do the zygor guides accomadate for those?

Comment

Originally posted by chiaki View Post
      Some time ago you said updates are free. And I read the FAQ 3-4 month ago and in there is quoted that all updates are free. So I don't understand this ;p
      There's a difference between updates and new editions of software. Updates mean taking an existing product and fixing any bugs, correcting any errors, and making sure it works for customers. As was stated, no one will be left with an error ridden guide that they can't even get to run. New editions of software are essentially new products separate from the original. An example of this is the fee required to upgrade Adobe CS3 products to CS4, but CS3 is still updated.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by enigmachine View Post
        You want more money.
        Of course we do, we're a business and the only way we stay in business is to make a profit. However, we try to set fair prices and not gouge customers. That's the reason Brian Kopp and Joana's World are no longer in business and Zygor Guides still is.

You do a fantastic job, but you chose to deal with those circumstances!
        You're absolutely right, which is why we intend to improve on all accounts. Rising to all the challenges of the biggest leveling guide company can be an arduous and time consuming task and I was just saying we appreciate patience from our customers.

If it were not for the reputation that we existing customers have created for you, you would not attract new ones. We fuel your advancement and you'd like to charge us more? We ought to be receiving 2.0 as thanks!
        Existing customers will go on receiving the same product they payed for. There is no upgrade fee for the version 2.0 corrections and guide revision, nor is there a fee for the new back end rebuild of the guide which ensures that the guide follows Blizzards policies and does not get accounts banned. That is included in free lifetime updates. What might cost a fee is the new bells and whistles we've added in. Our way of saying "thanks" is giving all current customers our new limited time bonuses we're releasing with 2.0 for free when new customers have to buy the guide to get them.

A transport company doesn't charge twice, for a person to sit down once. It also doesn't wait until that person has sat, to charge more!
        To use your analogy, a transport company doesn't charge once for a person to sit down and then again to transport them (I assume that's what you meant), but they do charge more to ride in a nicer vehicle. We would be doing the same thing, charging nothing more to ride in the old Taurus but requiring an increased fee to ride in the luxurious Mercedes.
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

New

Let me start by saying I can understand the fee.

I just recently purchased this guide (Horde). I am and will be in the money back guarantee period when the new 2.0 comes out (20 Oct). So would it be in my best interest to get my money back now, and then just purchase the new guide and skip the fee? Or maybe look at your customer base and all those in this phase be given the new 2.0 free....or I would be willing to pay the fee as long as I got all the "special bonuses" even if I wasn't in the first xxxx number to upgrade.

Comment

Members who have purchased a guide within the last 60 days will have that guide upgraded for free. That is, if there even ends up being a fee at all. Nothing is set-in-stone yet.
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

Putting it all together

I've been following this thread very closely since it started. This one certainly has stirred a variety of emotions for me. The debate has been, to say the least, lively!

I did have a thought though. Towards the end of this lengthy post there are a LOT of valuable pieces of information related to the 2.0 release. Pricing, dates, times, policies, etc...

Perhaps Zygor and/or some of the supporting staff could consolidate this info into a separate announcement or add it to silverhawk11's.

Thanks

Comment

Yeah, k.

Hope the price is not about 40-50$ or sth :/

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                  Members who have purchased a guide within the last 60 days will have that guide upgraded for free. That is, if there even ends up being a fee at all. Nothing is set-in-stone yet.
                  I am glad to hear that as I just bought mine 30 days ago, and I was thinking of the money back gurantee...followed by a new purchase of the full-up 2.0. However, that seems like dirty capitalism to me and I was not too happy with myself for considering doing that. I was just upset that had I waited a month longer I could have had the whole she-bang. But, with you stating this I can rest assured that I will receive the whole 2.0 as since I purchased 30 days ago.

I assume (pretty much know) that you have records of those of us who purchased in the 60-day window. Is there anything special that we need to know in order to access the full 2.0 next week, or will it just waiting there in my Member's Area with a nice red bow for download after you launch it?

Thanks for all your hard work, as we are all anxiously awaiting next week.

Comment

Originally posted by buckynaked View Post
                    Is there anything special that we need to know in order to access the full 2.0 next week, or will it just waiting there in my Member's Area with a nice red bow for download after you launch it?
                    Exactly. :-) It will just be there waiting for you to download it when it is released. No need to do anything at all.

Comment

Exactly. :-) It will just be there waiting for you to download it when it is released. No need to do anything at all.
                      You Sir, and your staff, are fan-bloody-tastic. I am glad to hear that.

I am new to this forum and the Zygor member base, so take the next bit with that in mind. I understand there is a lot of frustration over pay for it, don't pay for it. My 2 cents is this, no business can make every customer happy...ever. It is just not possible. Every business, no matter how big or small, pisses someone in the customer base off.

Honestly, look how angry 10 million + paying customers get every time a major patch is launched by Blizzard. But, are we still paying (some with multiple accounts) and still playing? Heck, how angry do many people get because the servers have to go down for half a day for NEEDED maintenance every Tuesday? Yet, how many people are stalking the server status site waiting to see the green up arrow and quickly ALT-TABing to hit enter on their login screen? Yeah, you know you have been there...

So, is it easy for me to say this because I came in under the 60-day window? Absolutely. Would I still pay a small fee if that is the decision that is made? Absolutely. Could I still use the same guide, minus the bells and whistles and not pay a dime? Absolutely.

We do not know the full skinny yet. We will just have to wait and see what is going on. We all still stand firm that Zygors Guide is the best out there!

Comment

All servers go down every Tuesday for 8-14 hours (on average). If you check the official WoW forums, Blizz has a detailed explanation as to why that is. Suffice to say, with close to 12 million players (roughly the size of LA, I might add), even the servers need a break for maintenance.

Trust me, the guides will be top of the line when they come out. I expect nothing less from John (er, Zygor). Do you want updates from Zygor every week with v2.0? Blizz's staff is huge compared to Zygor's staff, so I don't expect a weekly guide update. Perhaps monthly, but not weekly.

My point is: Give John and his staff a freakin' break. They bust their asses off to bring a top line product out (and look good doing it.)

Vernon McFadden

PS: Somebody has to stick up for you, John. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the new version, fee or no fee.
                        My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Originally posted by wowvern View Post
                          My point is: Give John and his staff a freakin' break. They bust their asses off to bring a top line product out (and look good doing it.)

Vernon McFadden

PS: Somebody has to stick up for you, John. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the new version, fee or no fee.
                          Hey thanks, we appreciate that! :-D

Comment

just a ? for you guys maybe i mised it in this post but in the new vid it says that the first so many ppl to purchase the new guide get a bonus what about the existing users do we get it as well???

Just wondered

Comment

Originally posted by smartass0315 View Post
                              just a ? for you guys maybe i mised it in this post but in the new vid it says that the first so many ppl to purchase the new guide get a bonus what about the existing users do we get it as well???

Just wondered
                              As previous customers, you guys automatically get the bonuses for free. When 2.0 is released, you'll just have them inside the Members Area, no need to do anything.

Thanks for choosing Zygor Guides. :-)

Comment

Awesome, glad to hear that because I just purchased your guide 2 weeks ago. I really appreciate doing this for those that recently became your customers. I have enjoyed everything so far.

Thanks,
                                Mike

EDIT: I am also looking forward to purchasing your Alliance guide when it comes out again.

Comment

Working...
                                X