Zygor Guides Version 2.0 Cancelled Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

So, you really believe it was only ToC file updates? I'll be the first to set that statement as a big, fat false due to the fact that even I was the person who made the guide compatible with Patch 3.2.0, and I never even changed the ToC file.

Changing the guide for a minor patch is much different than a bugged guide, and the reason why the guide's questing path isn't updated for patch 3.2.0 is due to the fact that Blizzard had released a new Terms of Service which required them to start from scratch. 2.0 is a fix for the latest major patch, as well as to follow along with the new terms.

No other guide company has done this yet, Zygor was the first, and I can guarantee you that he did it the best (when they update theirs, if they decide to). As for the statement 'now that there is an update we have to pay for it, LOLIMCOOL', that's completely false. There isn't a 100% guarentee that there will be a payment required, nor will you have to pay for the fixed version of the old guide (IF you have to pay for 2.0).

Also, if you've followed along with the discussions in these Announcements (which it's understandable if you don't ;-)) then you'd have seen that by 'now' he meant they are starting the launch phase as of right now. The Zygor team had always had a one week launch phase for everything, and that's what he was referring to.

I don't know about you guys, but if I was making $50.00/guide and get as many new customers as Zygor does a day, there'd be no reason for me not to provide the best service possible, as well as the best guide. Which, in my assumption, voids out the statement of the money going to his head. Hope this clears some confusion up.

Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Im from mexico I red your first letters and I was like f...k zygor then I calm down jajajaj, that was a really crazy joke!!!! Im a member ¿does old members will have access to the AH guide? please guys help me with this!!! I just love the guide I bought from you Im like 68 in 7 days playing couple of hours a day when my last chart I really spent a year to cap to 80 lol love your guides, help members be cool with us take care regards from mexico city

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post

I'm actually posting this today to announce that Version 2.0 WILL be released, and it's actually being released NOW. It's been a rough last few months, with all of you waiting so patiently (we appreciate that a lot) as the 2.0 release date kept getting pushed back further and further, but today is finally the day.
        Ok tell me that isn't misleading Silver I have never been around for a launch I even let four or five weeks go by after WoTLK to come buy it and RELEASE means to the public and NOW means DUH NOW!

That in its self confused the hell out of me he needed to be clear if he had said launch then I have no reason to be upset but dude the words you use are everything this is a message board
        All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
        LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
        LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
        LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
        LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
        LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
        LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
        LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

Originally posted by 8314ecb8 View Post
          Ok tell me that isn't misleading Silver I have never been around for a launch I even let four or five weeks go by after WoTLK to come buy it and RELEASE means to the public and NOW means DUH NOW!

That in its self confused the hell out of me he needed to be clear if he had said launch then I have no reason to be upset but dude the words you use are everything this is a message board
          Should have worded it better, my bad. Sometimes I forget we all don't share a brain and you don't just magically know what I'm thinking. :-)
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Zygor please we (I) purchased the 1 - 80 dont charge us more !!! please!!!!!

Comment

For everyone that already has the current version of the guides are you going to charge your customers additional fees to download version 2.0? I think this is a valid question that Zygor staff should address prior to 2.0 going on sale. In the video about split personalities, you mention that the first xx( can't rememer the number) individuals that purchase 2.0 would receive the bonus addon. To me this indicates that you are going to charge a fee to new and current subscribers for 2.0. If you are going to charge the current subscribers, I am hoping you are going to do it at a reduce rate. If you have posted the 2.0 fees somewhere I apologize for this post, if not then it would be a good business practice to get that out there prior 10/20.

Comment

Someone posted somewhere here that Zygor should do a "Pay what you want" donation style thing for it, alot of people are willing to pay for it and alot dont want to pay for it me included, I would pay $5 for sure but anything over $10 is a disgrace...
                "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listenin' to her enough, or somethin'. I don't know, I wasn't really payin' attention."
                Dumb & Dumber (1994)

Comment

Someone posted somewhere here that Zygor should do a "Pay what you want" donation style thing for it, alot of people are willing to pay for it and alot dont want to pay for it me included, I would pay $5 for sure but anything over $10 is a disgrace...

Okay, so not only are you (possibly) charging me for a 2.0 upgrade, but you're going to charge me when Cataclysm comes out?!
                  The team has still have YET to decide whether to charge you for 2.0, but you will be charged for Cataclysm. Look at it this way -- you payed for a 1-(70, 80) guide, and you'll get every update included for that guide, but to access the new 80-85 area, you'll need to pay for a new guide. They are a business and to maintain the amount of work and money put into these guides, they charge the customers a small fee to write a new guide.

Ok yes I quoted these 2 things and will all and all said 2.0 is an UPDATE NOT EXPANSION so why am I going to possibly have to pay for a patch update that I was told will ALL BE INCLUDED in my original purchase....I hope you dont really charge us this will be uterly unexceptable as you told us that all patch updates are free. Yea Ill give it to you that you put ALOT into it but it is still an update....

Comment

Hello likepaperinafire,

2.0 technically isn't an update. 2.0 is a decked out portion of the old guides. They will release an update for 1.0 for free the same day 2.0 is out, IF, and that's only IF they charge a fee for 2.0.

Apparently you're not reading a lot of information about what you're (attempting) to complain about. Look, I've seen dozens of members reply with complaints as these, and the team and I have been addressing your points but now it's getting a bit redundant :-/.

Let me clarify... Zygor's Guide version 2.0 is a complete overhaul of the 1.0 guides, and if you want the FEATURES (not an update) then you MIGHT be charged a small fee. If you decide you don't want to give $5.00 - $10.00 for (one of the features is a in-game Talent Advisor as seen previously) the new features and who knows what else, then you just download the update for the 1.0 version of the guide, which will be released the same day.

Why are people still complaining about the price? Is it because he said it was going to be free originally? Look, a man has to eat, so sue him for charging $5.00 - $10.00 for a completely new guide with tons' of features in it. And, before a mention of the economy is rough and you can't afford it... what about the Zygor team? How do we know they aren't going through a rough time and need a little help from the community?

I personally don't know, but guys, seriously, let's stop complaining and just be patient. Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 you will SEE what Zygor has planned for us. I will allow for more detailed complaints to be written into the forums, because those deserve to be addressed and we can talk in a civil manner, but if you're going to repeat 90% of the things we've already disputed in previous threads, then it's going to be deleted and you wasted a bit of your time with complaining about something none of us know about.

We don't know if we'll be charged, so let's just calm down and wait to figure out if we will or not.

We don't know all the cool features inside of the guide, so let's just wait to figure it out!

We don't know what Zygor has planned for us. That's the main one. They always throw out a 1-2 K.O. with cool features, or just cool things planned for the community. Just wait, everybody, it's coming sure enough.

Silverhawk11

Comment

Hello likepaperinafire,

2.0 technically isn't an update. 2.0 is a decked out portion of the old guides, and when they will release an update for 1.0 for free the same day 2.0 is out, IF, and that's only IF they charge a fee for 2.0.

Apparently you're not reading a lot of information about what you're (attempting) to complain about. Look, I've seen dozens of members reply with complaints as these, and the team and I have been addressing your points but now it's getting a bit redundant :-/.

Let me clarify... Zygor's Guide version 2.0 is a complete overhaul of the 1.0 guides, and if you want the FEATURES (not an update) then you MIGHT be charged a small fee. If you decide you don't want to give $5.00 - $10.00 for (one of the features is a in-game Talent Advisor as seen previously) the new features and who knows what else, then you just download the update for the 1.0 version of the guide, which will be released the same day.

Why are people still complaining about the price? Is it because he said it was going to be free originally? Look, a man has to eat, so sue him for charging $5.00 - $10.00 for a completely new guide with tons' of features in it. And, before a mention of the economy is rough and you can't afford it... what about the Zygor team? How do we know they aren't going through a rough time and need a little help from the community?

I personally don't know, but guys, seriously, let's stop complaining and just be patient. Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 you will SEE what Zygor has planned for us. I will allow for more detailed complaints to be written into the forums, because those deserve to be addressed and we can talk in a civil manner, but if you're going to repeat 90% of the things we've already disputed in previous threads, then it's going to be deleted and you wasted a bit of your time with complaining about something none of us know about.

We don't know if we'll be charged, so let's just calm down and wait to figure out if we will or not.

We don't know all the cool features inside of the guide, so let's just wait to figure it out!

We don't know what Zygor has planned for us. That's the main one. They always throw out a 1-2 K.O. with cool features, or just cool things planned for the community. Just wait, everybody, it's coming sure enough.

Silverhawk11

Comment

I saw somewhere earlier in this post that current members (those that have already purchased the guide) will not have to be within the first 1000 to receive the bonus material. This however was mentioned prior to the announcement that there may be a fee. I am not gonna search through the entire thread to find it unless I have to, but I do have to small question. IF we are charged a small upgrade fee, is it still the intention that we will not need to be within the first 1000, or do we need to be here and ordering as soon as its released?

Nevermind, I found it, first page of the auction house announcement, posted by zygor

As previous customers, you guys automatically get the bonuses for free. When 2.0 is released, you'll just have them inside the Members Area, no need to do anything.

Thanks for choosing Zygor Guides. :-)

Comment

I don't mean to side track the conversation(s).

Will Zygor and his team be able to announce the time you are going to release the guide - For example 00:00 GMT tuesday 20th Oct.

As you're in the US I need to know how long I have to sit at the edge of my seat for. I've signed up to the news letter but is it possible for you to declare what time zone you run on so I can be prepared?

- Apologies if this has already been asked once before.

Keep up the fantastic work, I hold a flag in Zygor and his teams honour. Thank you for giving everyone such a wonderful product.

Comment

Hello ch1llen,

9 AM - 11 AM Eastern Time.

Silverhawk11

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I'll be waiting for the fantastic update!

Comment

Hello,

Not a problem ;-). You won't be disappointed.

Silverhawk11

Comment

Working...
                                X