Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really think that Zygor really made a horrible decision with the subscription decision, and i for one will not be paying for it. What i think they should of did was made all the guides in like a bundle for a set price. The reason for this is because you gotta think, how many people (which includes me) are waiting for SWTOR to be release on Dec 20? Zygor would have made more money by bundling it and selling it as a whole then doing a subscription. It would be better if they waited for the new expansion to be release to start the subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
      If you cancel your subscription you will still have all the guides you payed for before the subscription switch. The only content that requires a subscription to have continual access to is expansion content and products you don't already own.
      So, if I cancel, the new guides would not be working anymore or just not been updated?

Comment

Originally posted by mythos44 View Post
        Sounds like this may not be in game content.
        All 6 of the new guides are in-game guide, except for Macros which is in-game and also has an web based school component.
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

To recap a subscription will include the following:
          * The new pricing model will allow us at Zygor Guides to pump out a much faster and impressive stream of updates, new features for the guides, and new guide content on a monthly basis as opposed to the years it takes now.
          * You will gain access to our entire suite of 10 guides for both Alliance and Horde.
          * You will get all expansion content and never have to pay upgrade fees per guide.
          * You will get every new product we ever create including possible guides for new games.
          i allready have 4 guides... so i will get a subscription for 6.
          never pay for a upgrade? paying for a upgrade is cheaper then the subscription (upgrade is like 1 time a year? Now i will pay $120 for a upgrade)

Comment

I love how Zygor support completely ignores the responses from 95% of the posters here and only targets them that make a bad argument or a mistake. Everyone here can see this is a complete rip off... If it happens then I'm off to another guide, and so will many others... so why do it.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyrockers View Post
              The problem is.... you will not get anything extra every month.

but you will pay every month..
              We've always wanted to add in new content and revolutionary features that really change the way you play the game on a monthly basis but simply do not have the means to do so under the current business model. The subscription model will allow us to pump out a continual stream of exciting new guide content and features instead of takes 6 months to a year for each major update.

Comment

I'm annoyed. I've paid a lot of my hard earned cash already and so now I'm going to have to pay all over again?

Boooo Zygor! How about some recognition of the loyalty of those of us that have paid out many dollars already?
                [FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="5"]Yes! I AM a n00b! [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by patje View Post
                  So, if I cancel, the new guides would not be working anymore or just not been updated?
                  Please answer this Mr Zygore lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
                    A very big if. It's a guesstimate based on Zygor's previous purchase options. (If I recall correctly of course).

And I would definitely pay 40 for a mount and pet guide. I'm a collector :P
                    The alternative to the subscription method would be a large lump sum for guides. Paying 40 dollars for one factions Pets and Mounts, plus another $40 to get the opposite faction you're up to $80. Then you factor in expansion upgrades (Blizzard has announced much faster expansions) and you're paying another $20 per guide for the yearly expansion upgrade. Now we're talking hundreds of dollars for just one guide type, not to mention leveling, dailies, and all our other popular guide types. Of you can pay the price of a CD each month and get all 10 of our guides with every expansion and new product include. The subscription model simply makes more sense for players than the bulk fees alternative that prevents people from getting all the content they truly want.

Comment

What a great reward for loyalty Zygor.
                      [FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="5"]Yes! I AM a n00b! [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Greed is Good

We've always wanted to add in new content and revolutionary features that really change the way you play the game on a monthly basis but simply do not have the means to do so under the current business model. The subscription model will allow us to pump out a continual stream of exciting new guide content and features instead of takes 6 months to a year for each major update.

I think what you want to pump in is a continual stream of money into you accounts!
                        Any truth in the rumour that the Zygor Company strap line is now
                        Greed is Good

Comment

Also from the sound of it you have to sign up for a year and you can freeze your account. so at $15 a month you are making everyone pay $180 for the year. which is more than what we already payed I believe not sure. All I know there is no way in hell I'm putting out another $180.00

Comment

i've read several of the posts, and i'd thought i'd share a few thoughts:

1) The NetFlix comparison is completely invalid
                            Netflix needed a way to ride the trend of digital media delivery, since DVD media is fading out and also since digital download is much more cost effecive

2) Grandfather-Clause the current membership base you have
                            Offering all current members the option to purchase additional guides w/out having to switch to the subscription model makes sense. Don't try to rationalize or justify or even sell a subscription model, John & Team. You made the decision to market and offer lifetime membership of single-transaction fees for your guides. That's what we all paid for. What you seem to be failing to "hear" from the posts that are definitely against a subscription model is that your current members don't want to pay a subsctiption- they want to keep the same pricing as-is. Do you really want to risk losing a lot of respect, trust, and faith in your business?

3) Consider other ways to grow your business
                            While I can certainly empathize that you would much rather prefer a monthly-run rate of revenue, you are basically bound and at the mercy of Blizzard's new content release schedule. That stated you make a ton of money everytime there is a major expansion update. What would the upfront cost be and potential return on investment equate to if you could create simlar guides for other MMORPG titles (i.e. Aion, LOTR, etc)? You have every opportunity to grow your business that way- by offering best-in-class guides for other game titles.

Comment

To get an equivalent package from any other guide vendor you have to pay over a hundred dollars, not to mention extra fees tacked on anytime there is an expansion or new product released. Zygor allows you to have everything we have and will ever make for the price of a CD.
                              I have paid well over a hundred dollars to Zygor, we do have to pay for expansion fees. What CD costs you $15 a month? How is any of this true?

Comment

Originally posted by mblaze360 View Post
                                Please Clarify;
                                If I freeze the subscription I can not use the guides at all while the subsciption is frozen?
                                Lets say before the subscription change you bought the Alliance Leveling/Loremaster and the Alliance Dailies/Events guide. Then you decide to give the subscription service a try, so you pay the small fee and instantly get Horde versions of Leveling/Loremaster and Dailies/Events, plus Professions, Achievements, Vanity Pets & Mounts, Titles, Reputation, and Macros guides for both Alliance and Horde. Then a few months go by and you get tired of WoW, so you cancel your subscription. Your account will go back to having just the full versions of the Alliance Leveling/Loremaster and Dailies/Events guides, and will still continue to receive updates if you decide to start playing again but don't want to resubscribe.

Comment

Working...
                                X