This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by szasha View Post
    Yes, and I do it annually... they WILL give you new subscriber rates if you threaten to leave....
    I'd love to know who your provider is, I've never heard of anyone doing that. But putting that aside, that wasn't the point I was making.

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
      I'd love to know who your provider is, I've never heard of anyone doing that. But putting that aside, that wasn't the point I was making.
      Insight Communications... Loyalty should and does seem to matter to them.

Comment

Your just trolling people.. get lost.

Comment

I have been a long time user of Zygor Guides and sincerely appreciate the time spent creating a product that has not only saved me time leveling new toons, but has added to the fun of playing WoW as well.

Ok, now that I have the accolades for Zygor out of the way, let me move on to the new payment model. Zygor Guides is a product that is created by a static entity, any updates would only be forced by patch releases, not fixing mistakes within the product of Zygor Guides itself (i.e. waypoints, quests, etc.). Any non-WoW related update should be a freebie and not fall on the user to be forced to pay for something that should have already been complete and working.

My guess is the guides will not be fully functional at time of release and those that agree to the monthly subscription fee will be burdened with providing capital to fix it. Overall cost of $120.00/year (based on previous user posting $9.99/mth fee) for a guide to a game we already pay $180.00/year to play.....well, in terms of value, Zygor comes out to be 67% the value of playing the game itself. WoW charges $2.99 for mobile guild chat option, which I love having and would be willing to give up if Zygor implements the same $2.99/mth fee for its guides.

Zygor has made its mark on the WoW guide map and imo, it is the best guide out there. I would pay a flat fee for new content and "lifetime updates" for that content, but the monthly fee just doesn't make "cents" to me at this time. I have both Horde and Alliance guides and have invested over $100 for a product I feel is solid. It is sad I will be forced to begin the search yet again for a guide that doesn't come with a monthly access plan.

In Zygor's defense, you guys have spent countless hours piecing together a product that literally sells itself, it truly is a "must have" tool imo. I am going to reserve my decision to continue using Zygor Guides until the unveiling next week. Take care, and thanks again for making my WoW life so much easier and less frustrating. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by lodion View Post
            That is a bloody big IF right there. Would anyone seriously pay $40 for a mount and pet guide?
            A very big if. It's a guesstimate based on Zygor's previous purchase options. (If I recall correctly of course).

And I would definitely pay 40 for a mount and pet guide. I'm a collector :P

Comment

Originally posted by maningrey View Post
              Your just trolling people.. get lost.
              Not trolling. Just giving replies to posts. You, however, are trolling as the quote above my reply here, is indeed a troll statement and a poor attempt at one as well. Grammar was way off and everything.

Comment

That's how subscriptions for everything works. If you get cable from your local provider at say, 100 a month. Then they run a special 4 months later where new customers can get the exact same thing for 50 a month for the first 6 months, are you gonna go complain to them about it and cancel your service? I doubt it.
                Yep, but this offer is limited (6 months) and the new customer will not get all movies, events,... which i got the previous 4 months !

Comment

Not likely

A lot of things to argue about.

First I dont think Zygor is number 1. in this field, I would say number 3.

Second: I purchased the guides, paid money for them, seems now I have to buy them again, so the guides I bought are now worthless, because they wont be updated unless I pay a monthly fee.

Third: I dont know if Blizz have sanctioned this, I would be surprised if they have.

Another addon (Carbonite) tried once to charge a monthly fee and blizz changed the rules and blew them out of the water. I know they are still around, but they now have to beg for donations.

So basically if this does happen and Blizz change the rules, then all paid guides may well be blown out of the water. There will be nothing left out there. Maybe wow pro; and what a bundle of fun the ppl behind that are. They cant give it away.

Whatever happens, I wont be payng a monthly fee for something I already paid for.

I would read all these comments quickly, as I suspect that Zygor wont let the anti comments stay for long, they will be deleted and you will see hundreds saying that they think it is a great idea. Cookie is probably writing them right now.

PH

Comment

Originally posted by phantomhawk View Post
                    Second: I purchased the guides, paid money for them, seems now I have to buy them again, so the guides I bought are now worthless, because they wont be updated unless I pay a monthly fee.
                    No.

Your current guides are updated forever. For free.

Comment

$15 a month is definately way too much. I really don't support this subscription model at all, and it appears that none of the Zygor customers in this thread do either. If it were priced comparable to the Mobile Auction House or something like that then MAYBE. But for another $15 per month, I could have another WOW account or I could play RIft in addition to WOW.

Zygor ... please pay close attention to this next sentence. You are about to lose a large portion of your customers here. Even the customers that leave are still gonna hold you to the lifetime upgrades for the products that they have already purchased. You are still gonna have to do that, so why push them away?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
                        Your current guides are updated forever. For free.
                        But I'm paying the same fee as those new costumers, who have to buy this updates with this monthly fee. This will apply, if there will be a lower fee for old costumers.

Comment

Originally posted by patje View Post
                          But I'm paying the same fee as those new costumers, who have to buy this updates with this monthly fee. This will apply, if there will be a lower fee for old costumers.
                          You don't have to pay the fee and your current guides willbe updated forever for free. Check back on Zygor Support 2's post.

Comment

Snake Oil

I urge all the other no longer valued Zygor customers, like me who paid up front for the guides to look at the following item.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

In particular
                            1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
                            All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.

I have informed Battlenet of the proposed change to Zygor payment system. I suggest you do the same.

I will also be taking a close look into any European trade Law’s that Zygor may have breached in this pay feature. In relation to the original sale declarations of free for life etc.

I will run down my Zygor account until it is no longer relevant to Warcraft. Then change to a non-subscription format guide, of which there are plenty to choose from.

You have to laugh at an add on that costs as much as the game subscription. How did they ever think that was a good move?

As for you future business plans can I suggest Snake Oil Salesmen or maybe International Investment Bankers would fit the profile.

Counting down to Zygor closing this thread down as they did last time. Don’t like the truth then hide it and hope it will go away.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, butyou cannot fool all the people all the time.

Comment

You don't have to pay the fee and your current guides willbe updated forever for free. Check back on Zygor Support 2's post.
                              Zygor Support 2 stated "If you have already purchases guides from us you do not have to worry. You will continue to receive updates to your guides per our lifetime updates policy. However when an expansion comes around you would need to sign up for the subscription as opposed to paying tons of upgrade fees per guide." So we are good until an expansion.

Comment

If I want the new guides, i'll have to. There is no difference. I would have to pay the same fee for 6 new guides and their updates as a new costumer for all guides and all updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X