Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We are implementing a solution that will not allow you to do that".

Originally posted by lostlogic View Post
    If the moderators think this post might be inappropriate, sensor the parts that you find inappropriate, or delete it. I know it might be borderline, but, ah well.

I've thrown a lot of money at Zygor, and I haven't looked back. When I contacted their sales office because I accidentally bought the wrong guide, it was fixed immediately, no questions asked. Due to that one experience, my whole view of Zygor was tremendously improved from good to excellent. Now, I see where most of you guys are coming from. You feel disgruntled by having to go from having guides and updates worth x$, and to get upgrades for the guides when 5.0 hit live (Next expansion) you will be forced to subscribe.

Ok.... So you are whining now about something that will come to pass in 4-6 months time. If you've taken the time to actually read what the moderators have replied you will understand that you will NOT be forced to go into a subscription model until the next expansion goes live. If you want the new guides you will also be required to sign up for a subscription.

So, if you are feeling cheap and want the guides that are being released without having to pay a monthly upkeep? Sign up for the subscription, download the guides, cancel your subscription and only renew your subscription when you need an update for the guides.
    The only guide that are receiving critical updates every month are the events guide which is purchasable now for a small lump of $. The rest will stay static for pretty much the entire year with the exceptions of some waypoint and bugfixes.
    Of course there might be some way to prevent this from Zygor's side, but I doubt it can't be worked around with rudimentary notepad skills.

I, for one, will wait and see what the cost will be. Although somewhat disappointed that I can't purchase the guides and are forced into yet another subscription I understand why they are doing it from a money vs value standpoint where new customers are concerned.
    Do you think that Zygor has not thought this through.

Quote from Zygor 4 Weeks Ago

Comment

I refuse to pay a monthly fee to be your beta-tester.

When you start implementing proper testing methods and releasing stable products that aren't still being fixed 2 months after release then I MAY pay a subscription if the price is right.

Comment

Please take a look at this. Is this really what you will be charging per month?

http://www.zygorguides.com/members/s...p?template=_t2Zygor Premier Horde and Alliance Screenshot.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by alz2011 View Post
          Do you think that Zygor has not thought this through.

Quote from Zygor 4 Weeks Ago
          The implementations they can do are either in the addon code (Which is in plain text) or in the launcher (Which you can chose to launch or not) or a background service. All of the above are extremely simple to work around.

As for the monthly fee, I really hope the prices I've seen just now are not final...

Comment

Originally posted by lostlogic View Post
            The implementations they can do are either in the addon code (Which is in plain text) or in the launcher (Which you can chose to launch or not) or a background service. All of the above are extremely simple to work around.

As for the monthly fee, I really hope the prices I've seen just now are not final...
            As do I because as a one time thing this guides great but I'm still waiting for my talent advisor not to break while leveling on and off. Also I think forcing people to pay subscriptions might break the TULA agreement for addons developers but I'll have to look into that.
            --PvP Junkie--

Comment

The more I think about this the more it annoys me. I've been with Zygor for about 3 years now and have been through this shit too many times already. Usually I don't say anything as you can tell from my total number of posts but enough is enough.

Past reactions from changes to the guides have shown how people react when Zygor makes an announcement about guide changes with this "teaser" realease method you have. People don't get all the information they need and they jump to conclusions and get angry. Anyone that has been here for any length of time will have seen this happen before.

This is no way to treat your customers. You should be learning from past events how angry people get over things like this and improving not only your products but your customer service/communication also. It was fairly obvious to everyone who has been around here a while what was coming and you should have taken steps to fix it before it happened. It shows a total lack of respect for your customers. To just make a half-assed announcement about a MAJOR change in pricing policy and just sit back and watch as people get upset about it is frankly childish and not something I expect from a company I pay my hard-earned cash to.

You should never have mentioned the pricing change until you were willing to give the actual pricing as well as all the details people need to make an informed decision.

Personally I'm tired of the way you treat your customers and I'm not even going to stay around to find out how much the monthly fee will be. I will use the guides I have paid for until they become unusable and then I'll go somewhere else.

Thank you, for the 3 years I have spent with your guides I enjoyed them greatly and good luck for the future.

Comment

Another voice adding that I will not be continuing with the guides once they become subscription. Even if I can still get what I have updated, we all know that there will be further expansions to WoW. To be completely honest, I can't afford another monthly bill especially one that is essentially useless. I don't NEED a guide a to play WoW, it's just convenient to do so. Yes, the monthly fee (whatever it is) is less than the initial cost of the old guides... but in the long run they will be considerably more expensive. I've paid, what, maybe $150 so far for the guides. In that same amount of time (4 years of playing time) under a subscription even just paying $5 a month means I'd be spending $240. If it really is going to be $14.99 a month, that would be approximately $720. And that's just to match what I've played so far... the prices will keep going up and I'm sure that the monthly fee will creep upward as it does with most companies. That is not saving me money in the long run as Zygor suggests. I'd rather pay the up front fee and be done with it until the next $20 or $25 expansion.

And if the price really IS the same as WoW a month? That is insane. I get that Zygor is a business and clearly he/they want to make money. Sadly, it won't be my money. I'm sure that they'll get plenty of people to sign up and the loss of my revenue won't make a difference. It's just disheartening that I have wasted so much money with a company that I thought was trustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                  Netflix inflated their prices and took away services from their customers that they previously had. We're doing just the opposite by lowering our prices dramatically and giving customers our entire suite of products and all future products and upgrade content.
                  You mean just like you promised those of us who already purchased this "all future upgrade and content"?

If this does go through, I would highly encourage folks to email: WoWUI@blizzard.com and find out if this is legal as it pertains to the following:

1) Add-ons must be free of charge.

All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

Comment

If the fee that we have all seen is correct, Zygor is asking for the same amount of money as Blizzard for essentially a plug-in. At most Zygor should be asking $5 a month. The fee Blizzard charge is acceptable because we are getting access to a full game, you can’t expect users to pay the same for something which can’t be used without the game.

I would say that asking for a subscription model at a time of economic uncertainty is wrong. I would suggest that Zygor is trying to recover his lost revenue due to increase in competition or his competitors getting better.

Remember without a customer base a subscription model is useless, when you loose a large amount of customers don’t be surprised as it is all in black and white on your forums. I would also imagine that the once loyal customers would not switch back if this model does not work out for you

Comment

Originally posted by sobeit81 View Post
                      As do I because as a one time thing this guides great but I'm still waiting for my talent advisor not to break while leveling on and off. Also I think forcing people to pay subscriptions might break the TULA agreement for addons developers but I'll have to look into that.
                      1) Add-ons must be free of charge.

All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.

as per http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

Hate to break it to you but the catch 22 of "You aren't technically paying for access to the guide goes out of the window once you say to new people "If you stop paying monthly you loose guide access". Just thought I'd point this out so Zygor doesn't find himself getting shut down due to not seeing the big picture and just $$.
                      --PvP Junkie--

Comment

If it really is going to be $14.99 a month for both factions or $9.99 for one faction it will be too expensive in the long run, even incuding profession, achievement, pet,mounts, titles and macros. Even if the quality of the guide will be higher then the competitor one.
                        I will think about it if it will be around $4,99. But if it is going to be more I will probably leave Zygor for the competitor.

Comment

Originally posted by sobeit81 View Post
                          Hate to break it to you but the catch 22 of "You aren't technically paying for access to the guide goes out of the window once you say to new people "If you stop paying monthly you loose guide access". Just thought I'd point this out so Zygor doesn't find himself getting shut down due to not seeing the big picture and just $$.
                          Unfortunately they can still get around it by leaving the plugin but taking away the content. If I can figure that out right after reading your comment, I am sure they have thought it through.

Comment

Zygor, I love your guides, their great and really help save time but really a subscription fee? You will lose customers because people already pay a subscription fee and that in the long run it will cost ALOT more with the subscription then with just buying, but if you do continue this plan at least have 2 plans, the one you already have and the plan with the subscription, I personally will not pay for the subscription and I think the "lifetime" policy needs to be supported by with what you said. So let people have the option to pay full price which I would do, but you can keep the subscription fee. Please think about it

Comment

Originally posted by merlik View Post
                              Unfortunately they can still get around it by leaving the plugin but taking away the content. If I can figure that out right after reading your comment, I am sure they have thought it through.
                              It's sad but I knew something like this was coming when cata came through and blizzard made questing easier to follow and introduces the war boards for the different levels to know what zone you should be in. Ultimately I think personally this is a last ditch effort to make as much money as possible and veil it as benefits behind new guides that are already free and available on the internet like professions (won't name the site but most of us know it) Achievements if you look most of of them up on wowhead people already explained how to get them. So it is really hard to see anything but greed behind this. Of course it doesn't help because zygor normally stays quiet and let's all the people who have no clue answer his questions as to why. Then ultimately shows up to close the thread because he doesn't want to deal with it. Atleast that is how it seems... if it is isn't prove us wrong and explain the why behind things as right now you not responding says you don't care and actions always speak louder than words.
                              Last edited by sobeit81; September 27, 2011, 07:23 AM. Reason: wanted to add more
                              --PvP Junkie--

Comment

This is not what current members want. I will not pay a monthly fee or be forced to pay a monthly fee if there is a wow expansion. Monthly subscriptions will be your downfall.

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                                Here's a recap of the information released so far:
                                • Expansion content has always been sold separately and is not included in "lifetime updates". Customers interested in Expansion content can easily upgrade all their products by signing up for a Zygor subscription membership.

Comment

Working...
                                X