Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not subscribe for sure if there will be an automatic charge every month, but I will think about subscibe if we can choose when activate our account and when froze it like we can do in WoW and if the monthly fee will be very very low.
    If it really is going to be $14.99 a month for both factions or $9.99 for one faction it will be too expensive in the long run, even incuding profession, achievement, pet,mounts, titles and macros. Even if the quality of the guide will be higher then the competitor one.

Comment

"Get F#$^&(". Is all that comes to mind.

$15 per month for a GUIDE. What are you smoking Zygor? For $1 or $2 per month MAYBE I'd subscribe. For $15 I'll pay for a second WoW account and multibox. Why anyone would think $15 per month is an appropriate price point for a guide is beyond me.

As others have pointed out, for the life of WoW this is WAAAY more than paying a lump sum up front. Who are you trying to fool in spinning this as better for customers?

Comment

Originally posted by ohlmsjm View Post
        If you do in fact go to a subscription model I will be sure to no longer recommend these guides to my friends and I will definitely not be taking part in it. I already have 3 WoW accounts and have ZERO desire to pay monthly for a guide that was sold as having lifetime updates. That's borderline false advertisement as it pertains to expansions and pretty shady there Zygor.

I really do praise and love what you've done with this but switching to a subscription model is seriously going to hurt your business, guaranteed. I highly encourage you to rethink it.

I also agree with this post. I have 4 active WoW accounts which milk me 60 bucks per month to keep everything alive and well. That's not counting the funds they soak me to move or change factions etc...
        There's only so much money to collect from folks that play Warcraft and Blizzards fist is tightly jammed in my pocket now with not much chance of being removed to make room for another hand.

When I discovered Zygor, I paid for stuff as it came out as I could afford it into my budget. I cannot afford another subscription fee. My internet already costs me 120+ dollars per month here in Canada for a connection I can use rurally. Another subscription? I cannot handle it. I don't even have extras on my landline phone and don't have any other subscriptions like cell etc... just to keep my monthly payout smaller.

Although the guide is a very nice product, I will in the new expansion outsource
        another venue to replace a subscription based guide. You can't get blood from a stone and as all the folks I know who play Warcraft, most folks prioritize their subscriptions. We are getting subscribed to death.

I think in the long run, Zygor will lose money in hopes of a monthly residual. I'd rather pay for things as I can afford it and NOT if the overall price is increased to match or be more than an overall subscription. For instance... ie: If I pay 10 bucks a month for 12 months that's 120 bucks. I certainly won't pay more than that in one lump sum for the guide and it wouldn't serve their plans to go monthly very well if they sold a package for less than what they charge for 12 months of subscription. It would undermine their subscription plans.

That being said, good luck Zygor. To those of you who can afford it... EPIC ! To those of us who can not no matter what the price... Hit your rez button and find another solution like me.

Connectix

Comment

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...

Farewell!!

Comment

good guides... but i don't think you'll be getting a monthly sub from me....
            The only way i see my self paying a monthly fee would be a max of $1.99 and that is only if the competitors one time fee numbers don't match

Comment

Sad...

Subscription like that is a pain in the a....
              If the price of 15$ (or 9$ / faction) is real im out of this - i hope that is just the test-page and not serious !!!!
              (In 2 or 3 months i have to pay the same as for an guide-upgrade for new wow addon today !!)
              I liked Zygor (even if their guide was buggy as hell sometimes etc...) cause you buy your guide with a one-time fee and use it when you need it without "loosing" money on it.
              (I sometimes do not play for 1-2 months, and start again after that time)
              A subscription (even for some more guides & updates) will stop this benefit for me so i have no use for such model and have to switch to one time fee guides from other companies.

Edit:
              It seems the crazy & absolutely barefaced price of 15$/month for both factions is right, cause if you check "Affiliates" it says:
              "With our subscription service that gives access to our entire suite of 10 products, you could earn about $7.50 per customer you bring our way - per month."

So we have to pay 15$ that you can offer your affiliates half of it ? Thank you Zygor !

Comment

LOL even their youtube video has negative comments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCErm...el_video_title

Listen to us Zygor, we don't want this!

Comment

OMG $14.99 cannot be right... That is what I pay for a game that I can play independent of your guides... but I can't use your guides independent of the game... $180 per year??? I smell a new business manager that is going to destroy Zygor....

Comment

What about us long time customers that have bought guides over the years. What kinda break are we going to get ?? I spent alot of money on these guides.

Comment

Originally posted by forwarder78 View Post
                      It seems the crazy & absolutely barefaced price of 15$/month for both factions is right, cause if you check "Affiliates" it says:
                      "With our subscription service that gives access to our entire suite of 10 products, you could earn about $7.50 per customer you bring our way - per month."

So we have to pay 15$ that you can offer your affiliates half of it ? Thank you Zygor !
                      WOW it does seem that they have determined that price point. I did click on Affiliates (below) and you are right... there it is. What a f'ing joke...

Comment

A few questions:

1. Why get new subscribers the same content als old customers? We have paid a price to get the guides and now we have to pay the same fee per month to get a few new guides. I already have lifetimes updates to the guides, why should I pay the same fee as people, who are new? I would maybe willing to buy new guides this way, but not change my old guides to a subscription.

2. What if I cancel a subscriptions? Will alle guides be deleted or just the updates stop? It would be relly bad, if you pay month or maybe years and then have to cancel due financial problems and loose all of the content you have paid for.

3. What about the old guides in this case? Do I change completly or get my lifetime updates back after canceling the subscription?

I think 10$ per month is way to much. Within one year I would have payed nearly more than I've payed for the guides I own.

I was really looking forward to this new guides, but I think under this circumstances Zygor will not be my guide. I have to say I'm dissappointed. Of course, you want to make money with your guides and I was willing to pay 40-60 bucks for a new guide - maybe just to support you, and maybe more than other guides due your excellent support. I always thought it was fair. I own the guides now and don't have to think, if I can afford them next month. Now it becomes expensive and we depend on you. What do we get every month worth 10-15$?

Comment

"all together that well over $100 seeing I have I believe every guide. Then "Bob" comes in and pays $30 and I'm supposed to feel appreciated because I to can buy the next guide for a "low price per month" which really then because it includes the guides I already have then it's really not that cheap because I'm paying x per month for 1 new guide."

I agree ...............

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                            If you sign up you will actually get 6 new guides instantly, not just 1, for a fraction of the price of a single guide right now, not to mention never having to pay for expansion upgrades or any future products we create.
                            I would be paying by the month for guides i already purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by szasha View Post
                              OMG $14.99 cannot be right... That is what I pay for a game that I can play independent of your guides... but I can't use your guides independent of the game... $180 per year??? I smell a new business manager that is going to destroy Zygor....
                              How many Level and "Daily&Event" guides could be buyed in the old system with 180$? I think it must be two sets (Alliance & Horde) at least...

Comment

I've given it a bit more thought.

Imagine they charged 14.99 per month.

Imagine they go with the old system. (40 dollars per guide)

That's 179.88 per year

or

240 at once for all 6 of the new guides.

Hmm. It's food for thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X