Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question - what would stop me from paying one month, getting all the goods, cancelling sub and continuing to use what I paid one monthly fee for? Unless I would need to login to Zygor guides each time I login to WOW... will we no longer download the addons? I don't see how you can prevent everyone from doing this? Then when an expansion, updates, etc come out, we pay a single months fee again and get all the goodies and cancel again....

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
      The alternative to the subscription method would be a large lump sum for guides. Paying 40 dollars for one factions Pets and Mounts, plus another $40 to get the opposite faction you're up to $80. Then you factor in expansion upgrades (Blizzard has announced much faster expansions) and you're paying another $20 per guide for the yearly expansion upgrade. Now we're talking hundreds of dollars for just one guide type, not to mention leveling, dailies, and all our other popular guide types. Of you can pay the price of a CD each month and get all 10 of our guides with every expansion and new product include. The subscription model simply makes more sense for players than the bulk fees alternative that prevents people from getting all the content they truly want.
      In which we could only purchase the guides we want... what a novel idea... oh wait that's how it was.

The guides your coming out with are lookups from wowhead.com need a mount LOOK IT UP there really isn't anything beyond what it already released that is worth $15 for both sides that you can't google in a few seconds. Although I appreciate the sad attempt at continuing to make excuses for it but let us call it for what it is "A last ditch effort in making some cash since you've run out of things to make" Maybe just maybe fix what you have before you insist people call it worthy of paying $15 per month. Most of the answers to tech questions are telling users to update things for other addons or tweak things here and there. They are all temporary fixes not permanent. Lemme guess Zygor lost his fulltime job so he decided to think of a way to pay his bill here every month guaranteed instead of randomly?
      --PvP Junkie--

Comment

Originally posted by mythos44 View Post
        So,Existing customers who bought every guide get screwed and have to pay full price when someone who never bought your guides gets all and the existing customers have to pay the same? That' one way to screw over your customer base.
        We're sorry you perceive it like that. A lot of customers think our current pricing model isn't considerate to previous customers by dumping extra fees on them every time an expansion comes around or a new guide is released. The new model gives everyone the benefit of paying the same small amount for the entire suite of Zygor Guides content. Sure, customers who bought previous have already pay a little more, but that was always the case even before the switch to subscription.
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by patje View Post
          it would be maybe 6-8 months to pay it using the "old system"-price.
          Then you would need to factor in the upgrade fees that will be coming around yearly thanks to Blizzards announcement that expansions will be coming out much faster, so there's hundreds more added to the price, and that's just for Leveling guides. Or consider the alternative, you pay the cost of buying a CD each month and get all 10 guides with expansions included, plus any new products we create including possible guides for new games.

Comment

So, if I cancel, the new guides would not be working anymore or just not been updated?
            The new guides require an active subscription to continue using them.

Comment

I'd just also like to point out a random odd fact that the only person really answering any questions has been here less time than any of the people complaining and is telling us "how it really is"
              --PvP Junkie--

Comment

Zygor you keep stating that you're doing this because some folks don't want to pay the lump sum while some want to do it via subscription. If you really do care about us as customers then offer both price points. Either a lump sum finite purchase OR a monthly subscription fee for the expansions/content.

If you don't offer both then one would have to be a fool to believe you're not trying to nickle and dime folks here.

Comment

someone should make a poll to see if people like this change or not.. i tried but couldn't figure out how to get it to work....

Comment

While I thank you for your swift answer I must regretfully (and with heavy heart) I dont think the new model is for me. I appreciate your work, but I am on a fixed income and used to request your guides as "gifts" for occassions. (Birthday graduation etc) If you decide to allow the flat fee to continue I will purchase the guides that appeal to me as I do believe they are of high quality and worthy of purchase. However I cant logically make that kind of call economically when I can play RIFT, or the upcoming Star Wars MMO for the same price. Please understand I value your guides and am in no way trying to flame or be rude, just letting you know my stance on this matter.
                    Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by doomjammer View Post
                      I'm annoyed. I've paid a lot of my hard earned cash already and so now I'm going to have to pay all over again?
                      No, you will not have to pay all over again. Your guides will continue to be updated per our lifetime updates policy. The subscription fee is only for expansion content and new products you don't already own.

Comment

Lets say before the subscription change you bought the Alliance Leveling/Loremaster and the Alliance Dailies/Events guide. Then you decide to give the subscription service a try, so you pay the small fee and instantly get Horde versions of Leveling/Loremaster and Dailies/Events, plus Professions, Achievements, Vanity Pets & Mounts, Titles, Reputation, and Macros guides for both Alliance and Horde. Then a few months go by and you get tired of WoW, so you cancel your subscription. Your account will go back to having just the full versions of the Alliance Leveling/Loremaster and Dailies/Events guides, and will still continue to receive updates if you decide to start playing again but don't want to resubscribe.
                        To get it straight: I'm not only buying updates with this fee, but also the use of the guides.
                        If I'm paying a whole year for the 6 new guides just as alliance (have level and d&e), I pay 120$. (More than buying it, I think.) After this I can't affort the fee anymore and afterwards just having what I've had before minus 120$? Why should I buy this guide? Maybe other guides costs more, but I ll have them (maybe outdated) even if I quit.

Sorry, I'm out. If there will be no fair price to old costumers, i'll just take my time towards the next addon, using the guides I have and hope, another guide producer will get this quality. It sounds good, that you want to bring new features and stuff, but I don't think it could be worth 10 Dollars/Month. MAYBE I would think about it, it it were less, but i would like to buy a guide, not to rend ist.

Comment

Sorry Zygor Support 2 but you can't fool anyone. Payed a little more? Please give me a break. I've bought all your guides and all your upgrades. We didn't pay just a little more. I understand you have to do what you have to do it's your business. But I for one don't like getting screwed. You have lost a customer and any promotion of your product by me. Sorry. I'll keep what I have and that's it.

Comment

The new guides require an active subscription to continue using them.
                            How will that work? What will prevent us from using? Again, will we no longer download?

Comment

To get it straight: I'm not only buying updates with this fee, but also the use of the guides.
                              If I'm paying a whole year for the 6 new guides just as alliance (have level and d&e), I pay 120$. (More than buying it, I think.) After this I can't affort the fee anymore and afterwards just having what I've had before minus 120$? Why should I buy this guide? Maybe other guides costs more, but I ll have them (maybe outdated) even if I quit.

Sorry, I'm out. If there will be no fair price to old costumers, i'll just take my time towards the next addon, using the guides I have and hope, another guide producer will get this quality. It sounds good, that you want to bring new features and stuff, but I don't think it could be worth 10 Dollars/Month. MAYBE I would think about it, it it were less, but i would like to buy a guide, not to rend ist.
                              its $14.99 a month...

Comment

No, you will not have to pay all over again. Your guides will continue to be updated per our lifetime updates policy. The subscription fee is only for expansion content and new products you don't already own.
                                No matter how many times you say that it's not going to make people stop feeling that way. Lets say I sell you an Orange then I sell you an Apple. Then Bob comes along and I tell you both I have a new deal you get an Orange, Apple, and 6 new different fruits. You're going to feel (because you are) that you are paying for it again because you have now lowered the value of the original orange and apple and bundled them. So you are sitting there with your orange and apple feeling like if you want the other stuff you have to pay for it again.
                                --PvP Junkie--

Comment

Working...
                                X