No announcement yet.

OMG PRE-ORDERS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharlyne: Yes, when Zygor puts the guides online for the release then the updater will automatically install them for you when you run it.

Roghdan: This is being looked into and will hopefully be fixed soon.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

For people who either don't know how to read, or haven't read the announcement yet, it couldn't be easier to understand. Here's a summary. It couldn't be easier.

I. ~ The following applies to people who have never ordered anything from Zygor Guides ...

Leveling Guides ...
      1. Leveling Guides for either Alliance or Horde, but not both, normally sells for $50.00 each. Right now, you can purchase either one for $40.00, a $10.00 discount. If purchased right now, the upgrade for Cataclysm will be included for either one free of charge.
      2. Right now, The Alliance & Horde Leveling Elite Bundle, which includes both Leveling Guides, can be purchased for $60.00. This is an additional $20.00 savings over the cost of buying the two Guides separately at $40.00 each. As with number 1 above, if purchased right now, the upgrade for Cataclysm will be included free of charge.

Alliance Leveling Guide --> $40.00
      Horde Leveling Guide --> $40.00
      or save $20.00 by buying the Elite Bundle shown below
      3. Alliance & Horde Leveling Elite Bundle --> $60.00

Purchase any of the above Guides now, and the upgrades described below will be free of charge. What is included in the upgrades is described on this website page but more about freebies will be announced later --> http://www.zygorguides.com/preorder/

II. ~ The following Cataclysm updgrade prices apply for anyone who previously purchased any of the Leveling Guides above from Zygor Guides before October 7th, 2010 ...

Leveling Guides ...
      1. Alliance 80-85 Upgrade (Only available if you purchased the Alliance Leveling Guide prior to October 7th, 2010) --> $20.00
      2. Horde 80-85 Upgrade (Only available if you purchased the Horde Leveling Guide prior to October 7th, 2010) --> $20.00
      3. Alliance & Horde 80-85 Upgrade (Only available if you purchased the Alliance & Horde Leveling Elite Bundle prior to October 7th, 2010) --> $30.00

III. ~ Pricing has not yet been announced for upgrades for the Dailies & Events Guides but if you don't already have them, you may purchase them now and be assured that the "Full Cataclysm update is included with your purchase".

Comment

Titles Take Up Too Much Space!

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
        Those 80 levels have no upgrade fee because customers have already payed for those 80 levels, and we offer lifetime updates to all purchased levels. Until now, no one has been charged for levels 80-85, or the lifetime updates included with them. That is where the $20.00 upgrade fee comes in, for the expanded guide and the continued service.

Also, levels 80-85 are not comparable to say, levels 1-5, which can be completed in a little over 30 minutes. 80-85 will last you days., and I'm talking /played time days. The vast majority of customers are happy with how we have handled things. We're sorry if you feel the price is unjustified.
        Yeah, I'm saying from 1-80 takes much longer then 80-85, but we are being charged for the smaller portion. I'm not saying you should charge for the 1-80, but I found that my original purchase guaranteed lifetime upgrades, I find this a tad bit misleading. While it does include 1-80, before Cata. was announced, I was sure lifetime meant I wouldn't have to continue purchasing products to continue to level-up; I was obviously wrong. :P

I just feel slightly taken advantage of because I tried one guide before I found Zygor's, it also offered free lifetime updates, but the whole thing fell apart and was full of errors that were not getting updated. I switched when I came to the realization that they would probably just give up on the guide, leaving me $50 in the hole. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from with all this, I'm not trying to be a downer, I just really want to explain how I feel about this. Thanks for listening though, I will never doubt your service!

Comment

Originally posted by jasper8412 View Post
          Yeah, I'm saying from 1-80 takes much longer then 80-85, but we are being charged for the smaller portion. I'm not saying you should charge for the 1-80, but I found that my original purchase guaranteed lifetime upgrades, I find this a tad bit misleading. While it does include 1-80, before Cata. was announced, I was sure lifetime meant I wouldn't have to continue purchasing products to continue to level-up; I was obviously wrong. :P

I just feel slightly taken advantage of because I tried one guide before I found Zygor's, it also offered free lifetime updates, but the whole thing fell apart and was full of errors that were not getting updated. I switched when I came to the realization that they would probably just give up on the guide, leaving me $50 in the hole. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from with all this, I'm not trying to be a downer, I just really want to explain how I feel about this. Thanks for listening though, I will never doubt your service!
          I understand the frustration you're having! I've tried to explain it as best as possible, but what it simply comes down to is labor fees. While 80-85 is a smaller section than 1-80, it still will take around the same time to level from 80 to 85 as it would 70-80, which is actually a *ton* of questing! So, not only does the team have to level a character from 80-85 in the beta, but they also have to find out which quests/quest chains would be the best leveling path to ensure a faster 85 character. In addition to all of that, they also have to put the guide into code! While it may seem easy to say, I encourage you to sit down and try and write a 100 step guide :-). It's a lot of work and there's bound to be mistakes that must be debugged before release (can't have a release like Fallout: New Vegas, eh? ).

That's just for the 80-85 section of Cataclysm! There's also two new races which means two new starting zones, and even though you get the 1-80 section of the guide for free, it doesn't mean that the cost to make that guide is free! If we look at it from a business perspective, they're working full-time on this product throughout the months, so from whenever the team received a Cataclysm beta invite till the time the beta closes, they are working on releasing their product, and all they ask is for $20/guide in return, or even a discounted price of $30 for both. So, while I may not know the exact dates for either, I'd say, what, 3-5 months of working full-time and only receiving at most a $30 upgrade fee?

Zygor's Guide has remained the top leveling guides for World of Warcraft throughout many years. The reason why is because the quality of these guides are just fantastic! They take so many suggestions from their customers into consideration, and we even get major updates to the guides for free as well. I'm not quite sure if you were here when we used the Zygor Guide 1.0 viewer, which it was great at the time, it just was time for an upgrade to it. They released a *huge* update to the viewer which introduced the features you see now in Zygor Guide 2.0 which was totally free for all members who had purchased a guide.

I hope this clears it up a bit more!

silverhawk11
          It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I'm sorry to say but on the page of the of the leveling guides it says lifetime updates not lifetime upgrades. There is a difference between those two.
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

there's no upgrade button for me? It shows both my alliance and horde guides as being upgraded already to cata even though I haven't completed the process??

Comment

Originally posted by aleeyna View Post
                there's no upgrade button for me? It shows both my alliance and horde guides as being upgraded already to cata even though I haven't completed the process??
                If you have bought the guide after Oct. 7 the update is already on there free of charge.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                  If you have bought the guide after Oct. 7 the update is already on there free of charge.
                  For just the 1-60 changes or the 80-85 as well?

Comment

For just the 1-60 changes or the 80-85 as well?
                    The 1-60 would have been free already with just a update of the guides. The upgrade covers 80-85 and new races so you should already have the upgrade covered if you bought the guide after Oct. 7.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

You purchased our Leveling guide package on October 20th, 2010 - after October 7th, so you get the Cataclysm upgrade for your Leveling guides for free. You will only need to upgrade your Dailies guides for Cataclysm when their upgrades are released, if you want them. :-)
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                        You purchased our Leveling guide package on October 20th, 2010 - after October 7th, so you get the Cataclysm upgrade for your Leveling guides for free. You will only need to upgrade your Dailies guides for Cataclysm when their upgrades are released, if you want them. :-)
                        Awesome, thanks!

Comment

I suppose I'm a sucker for Zygor guides because I now own all current guides + guides that haven't been released yet lol.....ready for Cataclysm to come!!!

Comment

way to go zygor

Zygor,

just updated hoard and Ali to Cata update thanks for keeping price reasnable $30 about £23 uk pounds.

Keep up the good work as your guides are the easy to follow, some might feel they don't need the upgrade as blizz marks where about to go for the quests you mark where exactly to go for the quests much quicker your way.

thanks again

spasm

Comment

Just ordered my cata upgrade cant wait! going to level the 12 characters ive lvled with 1-80 guide now to 85 with new one!

hip hip horaaaayyy!

Comment

Confusion ....

Ok i love teh New design Kudos - as a web designer/graphic artist yep its bloody fanf^&kingtasic!

However I was all Ohhhh ahhh about the New cata guide and Saw on this page - http://www.zygorguides.com/preorder/ it says its 20 dollars to order Woot I thought Yep I cant order that then when I went to order now It says its 35 dollars .... And I am talking US dollars in NZ dollars it comes to being 40 something ...

So I've with held pre ordering till I saw soem answer or if anyone else noticed this and coudl opoint out what cost isit actually? 20 Dollars like it says on page up there or 35 as on actually order/member page.

Comment

Working...
                                X