OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIS and Guide Problems Explained.. Hopefully.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

I have faith that ZYGOR will fix SIS soon; but even with SIS not working correctly I have been able to figure things out when NPC's were not in their correct spot to find them and complete quests. The guide is working great for me in 18 hours of play time I have gone from a L23 Pally to L49. THANK YOU a Great product!! I'm Happy.

Comment

A fun bit to figure out is how simple the game is (in general) when equipped with a flying mount.

In the past (talking pre-WotLK) you had to work you way past the various trash mobs to acheive the objective you were supposed to gather/kill/destroy. This ate up considerable time fighting your way in (especially the cave systems) and then fighting your way back out as respawns occur.

Now it's so simple to act like a helicopter to by pass all the trash mobs, avoid their aggro, and then drop in on the objective. And in many cases, be quick enough to re-summon your wings and fly out again.

Couple this with the simplified "go here and do this" approach that is Zygor Guides, and I sit there each play session going, "It can't be this easy, can it?"

I'll continue to report that at level 75 and with the SIS disabled, the guide and I are still tracking well together. Only once did I get "behind" it, but some dailies, 2 nights at the in (non-playing) and a run through the Nexxus has me .85 of a level ahead of it again.

So far I kinda like it that way as I'm for sure going to keep on track levelling slightly ahead of the "DING!" steps the guide has.

An idea for SIS would be an "auto throttle", but that is a suggestion I'll start a new thread for.

Comment

Only been a customer for a couple of weeks, and even with the SIS issue, I haven’t regretted the purchase.

I would ask for some help though, I’m a lvl 17 Worgen ‘lock, and following the Guide, I was ported, like everyone else, to Darnassus. From there it wanted me to go to Darkshore. Once here though, I found myself taking out lvl 10 bad guys. Is there a way for me to skip ahead, without SIS, and have the Guide lead me to quests more my lvl?

Might have this problem more and more as I’m wearing 2 pieces of heirloom gear, and my guild has earned the FastTrack XP bonus. If it all stacks, that will be 25% more XP per kill.

Thanks for the help!

Capriscia

Comment

First, I'd recommend taking off the BoA gear until this SIS issue gets resolved.
          You can also right click in the viewer and see if there is a selector to see chain quests. If you dont see this, it is a stand alone quest that can be skipped.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

is there a set of hotkeys to use SI in the slim mode?

Comment

I don't believe there are any hotkeys right now for stepping forward and backward if that's what you are asking. If they are you should be able to find them in the normal WoW keybinding screen at the bottom.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

any way at all to use SI while in the slim mode? cause i keep having to switch back to full mode to click the icon...

Comment

I think if you just hover the mouse over the step it should expand to show you the extra info and the icon to click.

Comment

when i hover it just shows more info, like instead of that im doing at the waypoint, it pops out with step level, step number, waypoint and more info...no other buttons or options...

Comment

im a tool...i figured it out...had "hide controls" checked for secondary mode...

Comment

Then the only advice I could offer would be to run it in full mode for now. I haven't really played around with the minimal mode to really know what it can and can't do. I just run the full mode but scaled down to a smaller size and it doesn't take up a lot of screen space.

Comment

Hey guys, I wanted to say thank you for the great product. I have used it for many toons know and love it, even before the SIS. I know that you are working hard on getting SIS fixed and I hate to beat a dead horse, but any kinda curious on the time frame for having SIS fixed?

Thanks guys!
                          MARK

Comment

The latest info we have is that the 1-60 SIS fixes should be done in the next day or two and then they just have to fix up the 80-85 section of the SIS. We don't know if they'll put out an update and enable the SIS again when the 1-60 section is done or if they'll wait until the 80-85 section is done and all of the SIS is back to working. Would estimate that if they wait until 80-85 section is done that it might be another week or week and a half area.

Comment

Is the broken SIS also what causes the guide to skip around randomly sometimes?

Comment

Yes, the SIS is broken and this is the reason for the random skipping. To get it to stop for now make sure all 4 check boxes in the Dynamic Progression section of the guide options are empty.

Comment

Working...
                                X