This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
    No, but you're not just getting the Pet & Mount guide. You're getting 6 brand new guides. Where are you reading that the Pet & Mount guide is equivalent in content as the 1-85 Leveling guides?
    Because I already OWN those guides, so in fact Im not getting 6 new guides Im getting a handful I don't already own and have to do it through a subscription. If these guides had been offered as subscriptions in the first place that would certainly have been a different story.

Comment

i payed the 60$ to help you guys. and i would pay them again if its for one time. but i will not pay for an subscription. there will ve other ways to get the other guides.

Comment

Originally posted by sentinel1968 View Post
        So you're telling me that a Pet Guide is as involved and complex as a Level 1 - 85 leveling guide and should be priced the same?? If that is truly the case then you do indeed live in a fantasy world.
        I really have no idea what went into the new guides and I haven't even seen a teaser on them to know what might be in them. I do know there are pets that you can obtain only via questing, or thru achievements and these can sometimes be time consuming for getting them and a guide can be very helpful. I'm sure the Pets & Mounts guide is the vanity pets/companions and various mounts, where they are, how to do any quests needed for them, how to get the achievements to get them.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Sorry, with subscription comes the end of my patronage as a customer. OK, 6 new guides for ~$96 a year. But will we be getting 6 new guides a year? Every year? I don't think so. If the projections are correct that some have thrown about, WoW only has a few more years left in it then there won't BE more new content to keep making guides for. Everyone wants to pretend that this price drop is a magnanimous gesture, but it isn't. It's just a way to make sure that a large chunk of current customers become subscribers.

Comment

Because I already OWN those guides, so in fact Im not getting 6 new guides Im getting a handful I don't already own and have to do it through a subscription. If these guides had been offered as subscriptions in the first place that would certainly have been a different story.
            Okay, I have to be honest, I'm incredibly confused by your reply. You already own the leveling guides, so you can upgrade when an expansion comes out for a small fee, like in the past. You are not forced to pay for the upgrade, nor are you forced to subscribe. Subscribing is for those who want six new guides, and new customers will get the leveling & dailies guides in addition to those new guides. If you choose to subscribe, then you no longer have to pay for the upgrade fee.
            It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

As an "old" customer who owns the guides I will not be paying a monthly fee to in effect "rent" your new guides. The information you offer is in my opinion not worth the monthly fee. Maybe "new" customers will find this new policy appealing, but as an "old" customer, I do not...count me out

Comment

Okay, I have to be honest, I'm incredibly confused by your reply. You already own the leveling guides, so you can upgrade when an expansion comes out for a small fee, like in the past. You are not forced to pay for the upgrade, nor are you forced to subscribe. Subscribing is for those who want six new guides, and new customers will get the leveling & dailies guides in addition to those new guides. If you choose to subscribe, then you no longer have to pay for the upgrade fee.
                What is confusing?? I own the Leveling, Daily and Event guides, I would like SOME of the additional guides but I certainly don't feel they have an additional value worthy of going into a subscription that will cost $8 a month until the game runs its course. This is VERY simple, if they want my continued business then they need to come up with another alternative to the subscription fiasco they are about to commit.

Comment

so basicly, you can pay 6 bucks get all the new 6 guides cancell the sub then just dont use the updater and you will continue to recieve the 6 new guides. only resubscribe if you have to dl an important update cuase the new guides are not running properly then after update cancell again until its necessary to update again. Also blizzard has released their projections for wow and they have said that thee will only be 2 more expansions with the last one in 2013 so dont expect wow to actualy be around in 5 years from now.

Comment

What is confusing?? I own the Leveling, Daily and Event guides, I would like SOME of the additional guides but I certainly don't feel they have an additional value worthy of going into a subscription that will cost $8 a month until the game runs its course. This is VERY simple, if they want my continued business then the need to come up with another alternative to the subscription fiasco they are about to commit.
                    Okay, that's completely fine. If you don't find the new guides useful, then there's absolutely no reason for setting up a subscription. Personally, I find the new guides to be worth $6-8/mo, so I'll definitely sign up. They will also introduce new products in the future most likely, and I don't have to pay to upgrade my leveling guides either. If I wanted, I could simply set up a subscription when a new expansion comes out, hit the max level using the leveling guide, and then end my subscription as simple as that. Instead of paying $20-$30 to upgrade my leveling guide, I spend $5 for a month and hit max on my professions and level.

Comment

Did you notice what happened to Netflix? I understand wanting to increase income and make it more steady...but making something a subscription service that use to be one time, or increasing subscription prices (ala NetFlix) is guaranteed to rub customers the wrong way.

And there is no way I will ever go subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by tbarho View Post
                        so basicly, you can pay 6 bucks get all the new 6 guides cancell the sub then just dont use the updater and you will continue to recieve the 6 new guides. only resubscribe if you have to dl an important update cuase the new guides are not running properly then after update cancell again until its necessary to update again. Also blizzard has released their projections for wow and they have said that thee will only be 2 more expansions with the last one in 2013 so dont expect wow to actualy be around in 5 years from now.
                        Here's the thing people. Why are community members providing information that isn't verified by the staff members? First, the rumor was that the price would be $14.99, and now they're coming up with ways to steal the guide. If they want to release more information about how you're obtaining the files, then they will. Obviously they won't go into specifics to avoid stealing. Just give it more time, like I've said multiple times already. They will eventually respond with more information, just like they did today.

Originally posted by jazerra
                        yes they simply stole our money.
                        No, they haven't stole your money. I cannot emphasize this enough to you. Please see prior replies, and if you have any further questions/concerns, then let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
                          Ok for all of those who are not tech savvy, I hope you read this quick as it may get deleted.
                          Blizzard removed the api coding that allowed addons to access external programs, therefore, the guides can't connect to any servers just to make sure you have an active sub. That is done via the Zygor launcher. If you're dishonest enough to not keep up with the 6 or 8 dollar a month thing then you should die in a chemical fire, but anyhow, the Zygor launcher connects directly to the servers here and updates the guide once you click the update button. It downloads the files to your PC. If you cancel your sub, the only way those files will get deleted is if you run the Zygor launcher and tell it to update or repair b/c it will then check your sub status and promptly add/remove the guides to match your status. Legally, noone can access your PC unless you give them permission. Which means that not even Zygor or his team can delete ANYTHING from your PC without facing serious jail time. Honestly, I'm surprised that there are people using the internet that don't already know these things. I can handle the 8 a month for both factions, even with my very limited income. I don't see why anyone else can't.
                          It's not a matter if we can handle the monthly subscription fee, we want the option to buy the new guides outright.

Comment

So you're telling me that a Pet Guide is as involved and complex as a Level 1 - 85 leveling guide and should be priced the same?? If that is truly the case then you do indeed live in a fantasy world.
                            LOL 40 bucks for a pet guide I'm losing it here

Comment

Enjoy the bad press its all over the web now

Comment

No, you will have to obtain a subscription for the new guides, as he said in the quoted reply.
                                This blows, guess I'll have to say goodbye to Zygor guides, It's been a great ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X