No announcement yet.

Zygor Guides FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know at times my arrow will not be showing. For example, if you have a "hearth to..." part in the guide, there is no way point to go to, so there is no arrow. So if you have something like that selected, or it's starting there for some reason, then you will have to select a quest with a way point objective to see the arrow.

As for the answer to my question about strategies. I think it would be worth it to give a small line of common creep grinding strategy. For instance, on a warlock, immolate, CoA, Corr, Shadowbolt, Drain Soul/Life. Just a base tactic for people to use to make their grinding efficient with the build you suggest. I know this information is available in other places, but after paying $50 for a guide, I doubt anyone is going to spring another $30 for some tips on grinding. Just my suggestion.

Comment

I have installed the alliance 1-80 guide, and installed to the interface/addons folder, but it doesnt show up on the character selection addons. I have also deleted all my other addons, nothing seems to work, im getting pretty frustrated after paying $50 for them, any suggestions.

Comment

1. Installing to the wrong location

FIX: The guides will only work if installed in the correct folder. If you are using Vista or installed World of Warcraft anywhere other than the default folder you will need to locate your World of Warcraft directory. To do this, right click the WoW icon on the desktop, select Properties and you will find your WoW directory next to the word Target. You need to go to that location on your computer and copy the unzipped guide folders (there should be 17 of them) to Interface / AddOns.

2. Installing the folders differently than we have them structured

FIX: This is how your folders should look inside the AddOns directory. Your directory may be different than the one pictured but the contents should match this picture. http://www.zygorguides.com/img/install.jpg

Also make sure you have downloaded the most recent copy of the guide from the Members Area.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

plz update!!!

Plz update the lvling guides!. It has been since last april.
          New patch just came out today!

Comment

Originally posted by thermalrock999 View Post
            Plz update the lvling guides!. It has been since last april.
            New patch just came out today!
            You need yo read the other forum topics because if you did you would see that they are working on what they call Zygor guide 2.0. I am not sure what that will include, but it is coming out. So no need to worry they are working on a new guide, that should be up in a couple of weeks. Though I hope it will be in a couple of days, but I would prefer quality over speed so as long as the guide is good I can wait a couple of weeks.

Comment

ok on step 126 for lvls 30-35 on the alliance guide it says talk to micha yance and buy soothing spices. ive looked through the list over and over and cant find it. anyone know where else i can get this?

Comment

Originally posted by spazzsyym View Post
                ok on step 126 for lvls 30-35 on the alliance guide it says talk to micha yance and buy soothing spices. ive looked through the list over and over and cant find it. anyone know where else i can get this?
                Greetings,

To the above quoted - soothing spices is no longer an item in World of Warcraft and is not required for the quest. This error has been fixed in the coming version of the guide, as has been posted elsewhere on these forums.

Regards,

B/C/D/C

Comment

Just curious is everyones add ons involved in this game out of date? Mine are all out of date. i was just wondering if there was something i could do to fix this or what the deal was. Thanks for any help on this subject.

Comment

sooner2525

click on the "Load out of date Addons" in your addons section.

Comment

Greetings,

In regards to Sooner2525, or anyone else who's having trouble keeping addons up to date -

I wanted to mention the Curse Client, as I find the bulk of my addons are hosted at that website, and I completely trust their hosting.

Simply download and install the program - sign in using your Curse account (I created it specifically to use the client - it, like the client, is free to create/use although both offer perks for paying customers) and it will scan your current addons and point out which addons you have that are not up to the latest version, and allow you to update to the latest version with a single button. Very simple, and very easy. The program also offers an addon search function, and allows the user to install addons directly from within the program or using a single button from the webpage of the addon.

Now, not all addons are developed forever, so in a few cases, your addons will be the latest version, but still require 'out of date' addons to be loaded or in other cases, such as with the current version of Zygor, you will not want to update some addons, as it will break others (I reference cartographer here).

I didn't use it before 3.2, but 3.2 broke every single one of my addons beyond simple 'out of date' loading, and I got tired of checking each individual page for fixes.

Regards,

B/C/D/C
                      Last edited by B_C_D_C; August 17, 2009, 02:04 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

WoW Virus and Alliance Guide Questions

First - excellent guide and even better support, by both Zygor & members!!!

Several questions:

I am leveling a Night elf hunter (level 35 now) and have run across a couple of issues.
                        Step 126 (30-35) - Buy Soothing Spices (Micho Yance) - these are not an option anywhere I have looked.

Step 164 (30-35) - Buy 4 lesser bloodstopne ore from auction house - again I have been unable to locate these anywhere as well.

With the new patch (3.2) my virus scanner (Bit Defender) refuses to let me update. It keeps catching:
                        Wow=3.2.10192-to-3.2.0.10314-enUS-patch.exe
                        as the offending file and classifies it as virus:
                        DeepScan: Generic.PWS.Wow.CFE56CD3

I just temporarily disabled my scanner to get the update as the work around. Any comments would be appreciated.

Comment

Greetings,

I shall answer your questions in the order there were asked, Ric.

First - This item has been removed from the game - As per the 3.1 patch notes -

Ingredients such as Spices, Apples, and the like have been removed from most cooking recipes.
                          Second - The easiest way to obtain your ore is to have a friend or guildmate with at least 75 mining mine the ore for you. Some useful tips about the ore, courtesy of Wowwiki:

+Drywhisker Gorge is right next to the Horde town of Hammerfall. Alliance players will need to watch out when heading to the Gorge.
                          +The path to the cave starts at 80,40 to the south west of Hammerfall

And third, this error is not uncommon, it seems. I myself had my virus scanner call it (I use BitDefender as well) and simply disabled the scanner to allow install, seeing as how there have been quite a few posts and one blue post calling it a false positive. I also browsed the Blizzard forums for more posts relating to this - it seems that AV and BitDefender are the two that are picking up the virus, and they appear to use the same definition base. I think this is a false positive, if only because only two programs appear to find it at all.

As yet, I've had zero issues since allowing the patch to download, though you can bet I'd be sure notify the Zygor community if I managed to get hacked after ignoring such a warning.

I know I'm not the only person playing World of Warcraft at this moment, so if there is a problem, I'm reasonably sure they'd have a few million people shouting at once if it were to turn out to be a real issue.

*Edit* BitDefender seems to have updated their files - I am no longer recieving a virus warning in regards to this file! Horrah!

Regards,

B/C/D/C
                          Last edited by B_C_D_C; August 20, 2009, 03:28 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

nether drake guide, cant view

Hello, I downloaded the nether drake guide, and well, I cant view it ingame, where do I put the PFD file? Do I have to make a new addon folder called Zygor_Nether_Drake_Mount_Guide to put the PFD folder in?

Please help

Comment

Originally posted by mgams View Post
                              Hello, I downloaded the nether drake guide, and well, I cant view it ingame, where do I put the PFD file? Do I have to make a new addon folder called Zygor_Nether_Drake_Mount_Guide to put the PFD folder in?

Please help
                              The Nether-Drake Guide is not an in-game guide. It has been suggested before that it be made in-game, but as of yet this has not happened.

You view the guide by opening up the PDF file itself.
                              Red Text = Moderator Decision
                              Black Text = Zygor Guides Customer Opinion

- I am not a Zygor Guides Staff Member -

Comment

Originally posted by mgams View Post

Please help
                                Hello mgams,

You will also need Adobe Reader to open the PDF file, or any program related. The guide you're searching for will be in the top-left corner (it should be a link), and it should contain the words Alliance Leveling Guide 1-80, or Horde Leveling Guide 1-80, depending on which guide(s) you've purchased.

Silverhawk11
                                It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                                X