This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mythos44 View Post
    Okay Zygor I have posted a lot of negative messages. I'm sorry this upsets me. You want my honest suggestion as to what would be fair. Have an option to purchase guides like normal. Upgrades like normal. Then have a subscription service for those that can't put the money out right away. but the subscription would stop once they reach a certain amount.

here's an example. Now I forget exact prices as it's been a while but let's say this

To buy now you pay $160 for both alliance and horde and what ever guides again these are just fabricated amounts I forget what the prices were. There you own it bam.

Now you can't pay for $160 up front no problem here is a plan for you.

Pay $15.00 a month for 12 months or even a couple more so the price would now be $180+

Yes they don't have to shell out the total amount right away but they can get it and use the guilds and pay just a little more to pay over time. And once it's payed for they have it and don't lose it.

Just my thoughts but I seriously can't wait for your announcement.
    See now this i could get behind 100%

Comment

I just use the leveling guide. In your subscription model I would get all guides, most that I do not want. Shouldn't I have the option to pay lump sum for new leveling content when a expansion is released?

Comment

I am not totally against this but, if the monthly fee is more then 5 bucks you would be charging MORE for xpacks. you claim your reducing your price and thats all nice and good. You can say that but in the long run will it be cheaper? We will see what this monthly fee is though? We aren't stupid we can do the math. if the current customers have to pay more then 30 bucks every two years or three years then its not worth it. You wouldn't be dropping your price at all. if it were something like 2.50 per month I could go with that.

I have always said it was shady to say xpacks are "new content" ALWAYS I never liked paying for the "new content". I thought it was crooked to say lifetime is for what you bought at the time. Yes I know its been in place for a long time it still doesn't change my opinion on the matter. I still don't like it. Its the whole reason I went out and tried "other guides". Your guides are the best but I'm not stupid and if its more then what I said above there is no way in hell I will be doing it.
        All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
        LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
        LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
        LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
        LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
        LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
        LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
        LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

Valued customer apparently not!

213 posts in 13hrs A large majority is from people who are not happy with the way this subscription package has been rolled out.

Are Zygor listening to the customers NO! This subscription idea has been a done deal since it was first leaked via

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...New-Features.-)

The response last time was to ignore the comments and close the thread.

The last laugh will be when the consultants who advised you how to go down this route, submit their bill to your Insolvency lawyer’s.

Comment

$15 a month for Alliance and Horde

I can not stop laughing right now

RIP Zygor

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
              The new guides require an active subscription to continue using them.
              FYI, while what I'm about to say should already be evident in your mind, I'm just going to clarify it.
              There is nothing to stop someone from paying the sub once, getting all the new guides and then canceling the sub. The launcher that you provide for us to easily update our guides is not required in order for them to be used in WoW. I don't know about anyone else but I generally only update my guides when there is a major bug fix or something new is added. Even then, I don't use it to launch WoW. Blizzard also removed the api coding that allowed Addons to access programs outside of WoW. So unless you intend to ban people who decide to buy once, freeze account and wait for new stuff just to re-up and do it again, there's no sense in the quoted statement. What it should have said is: "A subscription is required to GET the new guides."

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
                FYI, while what I'm about to say should already be evident in your mind, I'm just going to clarify it.
                There is nothing to stop someone from paying the sub once, getting all the new guides and then canceling the sub. The launcher that you provide for us to easily update our guides is not required in order for them to be used in WoW. I don't know about anyone else but I generally only update my guides when there is a major bug fix or something new is added. Even then, I don't use it to launch WoW. Blizzard also removed the api coding that allowed Addons to access programs outside of WoW. So unless you intend to ban people who decide to buy once, freeze account and wait for new stuff just to re-up and do it again, there's no sense in the quoted statement. What it should have said is: "A subscription is required to GET the new guides."
                No I think they would make you pay for an entire years worth of subscription so it would pay for it and then some.

Comment

No I think they would make you pay for an entire years worth of subscription so it would pay for it and then some.
                  I'm doubting that. Mostly b/c there really wouldn't be anyone willing to drop 180 bucks at once. I for one wouldn't do that. Also, I know of a free alternative guide that is just as good as Zygor's. It just doesn't offer as many features (talent advisor and such).

Comment

If thats the case its really stupid, they already mentioned that not everybody can fork out large lump sums of cash. so the pay each month makes more sense to me
                    Last edited by venom925; September 27, 2011, 12:17 PM. Reason: typo monster :P

Comment

That's what I said two or more pages ago (page 19)....

Comment

I'm doubting that. Mostly b/c there really wouldn't be anyone willing to drop 180 bucks at once. I for one wouldn't do that. Also, I know of a free alternative guide that is just as good as Zygor's. It just doesn't offer as many features (talent advisor and such).
                        No, you would pay $15 a month for a year. That is how other sites work with subscription services. You agree to paying the $15 fee for a year or something like that.

Comment

No, you would pay $15 a month for a year. That is how other sites work with subscription services. You agree to paying the $15 fee for a year or something like that.
                          I'm a member of a few sites that require a sub to use the content and none of them require a year contract. It's all month to month with one of them even having a lifetime sub. But I do not doubt that there are sites that would require such a contract.

Comment

There will be kids using this service, they will not and can not be legally bound. Zygor would have to implement an over 18 rule to require an annual contract. I can't see that happening.

Comment

I will admit it I used to bot paying $15 for wow and $15 for the bot but I did not want to subscribe paying $30 a month, so I just got the $60 guide. Now if I need to subscribe to Zygor I may as well quit wow or go back to botting. Either way Zygor won't be getting more money from me unless there model stay the way it was.

Comment

loyal and current customers need an option to purchase the new guides at a comparable price that Zygor has offered in the past. I don't need or want an additional monthly bill. This might be unrelated but I deal with DirecTV each NFL football season for Sunday Ticket they want to charge me 354 bucks for 16 weeks of games even though they know I only paid 200 for it the previous year. Each year I have to call and request to cancel my Sunday ticket once the monthly renewal starts appearing on my bill then I call and renegotiate. They give me 10-20 dollars off my monthly bill for 6 to 12 months, give me the mobile app ($50) for free, free premium programing for 90 days and sometimes I get an outright 200 credit because I'm a valued customer. If I didn't ask to renegotiate I would end up paying 354 for football instead of the 150 to 200 I paid for it the previous year.
                                Sorry to go off subject, just a little miffed with upcoming change. Just give me an option to outright purchase the product I want and let the new subscriber's benefit from the new business model.

Comment

Working...
                                X