Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the same thing myself but I saw that "New customers" got NFL sunday ticket for free when they signed up. I was so hot cause I had just gotten DTV 4 months prior I told them I was going to cancel and they offered up HD and everything else my making my bill 150 bucks as well. I got this Huge Sat on my house its bigger then any of them I have ever seen lol
    All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
    LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
    LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
    LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
    LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
    LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
    LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
    LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

I have one question which I cant seem to find a question and answer for.

For those that have already paid an arm and a leg for to get most if not all of the guides currently available you say they wont have to pay a subscription until an expansion comes out.

Now stay with me a sec. At the moment we pay nothing. At the expansion time we then have to start paying $14.99 (If that is true) regardless of if we have old content or not the exact same price new members will pay for to get exactly the same thing we have already paid for up until the expansion.

Is this true?

Regards,
      Sharaak.

Comment

Originally posted by sharaak View Post
        I have one question which I cant seem to find a question and answer for.

For those that have already paid an arm and a leg for to get most if not all of the guides currently available you say they wont have to pay a subscription until an expansion comes out.

Now stay with me a sec. At the moment we pay nothing. At the expansion time we then have to start paying $14.99 (If that is true) regardless of if we have old content or not the exact same price new members will pay for to get exactly the same thing we have already paid for up until the expansion.

Is this true?

Regards,
        Sharaak.
        Yes, you will be paying the same thing as new customers who never paid for anything before. Now unless this changes with the upcoming announcement but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
          Lets say before the subscription change you bought the Alliance Leveling/Loremaster and the Alliance Dailies/Events guide. Then you decide to give the subscription service a try, so you pay the small fee and instantly get Horde versions of Leveling/Loremaster and Dailies/Events, plus Professions, Achievements, Vanity Pets & Mounts, Titles, Reputation, and Macros guides for both Alliance and Horde. Then a few months go by and you get tired of WoW, so you cancel your subscription. Your account will go back to having just the full versions of the Alliance Leveling/Loremaster and Dailies/Events guides, and will still continue to receive updates if you decide to start playing again but don't want to resubscribe.
          So, the guides we bought for 50-60 we own. but now with the subscription plan we won't as u can make the inactive as soon as we tire of the subscription. After a year if paying, I stop i lose all that I "rented" from u

Comment

Zygor,

Im gutted I dont know what else I can say. I have always relied on you to provide the best. Up until now you have succeeded. I am VERY dissapointed if this goes ahead as planned. I wish you guys all the best for the future but if this goes ahead as I see it then unfortunatley I wont be taking you up on this. And too think I now have 21 level 81+ thanks to you. Its a shame.

Sharaak

Comment

Personally, I'm neutral on the subject. While it does suck for those of us who've already purchased the guides for a lifetime, because if we are only granted the opportunity to subscribe to the entire suite rather than individual products, then essentially we're paying for two leveling/dailies guides. On the other hand, the subscription fee is very attractive to potential clients, as paying a small fee each month for 9-10 guides is amazing. Sure, when you do the math, and assume that the fee is $15/mo, you come up with $180/yr.

Now, consider how much you potentially could have spent on the leveling guides for both factions during your stay here. Let's assume that you purchased before Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm. How much was it to update both factions during each expansion? How much did you pay originally for the lifetime Leveling guide? I honestly don't remember the prices, so I'll just ballpark it, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:

$50 (original guide) + $20 (BC upgrade) + $20 (WotLK upgrade) + $20 (Cataclysm upgrade) = $110 for ONE guide.

Even if you purchased the guides during Cataclysm - Blizzard announced that they'll be pushing expansions out sooner and sooner. This means that you're going to continually add $20-$30 onto your lifetime Leveling guide for both factions each time an expansion rolls around, and I'm not even including the dailies guide. Now, while you throw down that money, I'll gladly spend $15 (again, assumptions) each month, have 10 guides upgraded to whatever expansion we're on, until I'm bored with WoW again, and then I'll just cancel both of my subscriptions.

For someone like me, the subscription fee really fits my budget. I get on WoW for a few months, 6 months is probably the longest I'll play before taking a break, and then I just cancel my subscription(s). Instead of putting down $50 for each individual guide, I only put down $90 for 9-10 guides for six months. I'd like to see discounts for different recurring options - for instance, I get a 5% discount for choosing quarterly, 10% for semiannually, and 15% for annually, or something similar.

While $15 each month may seem unreasonable with some, you also have to think about the company too. Let's say a minimum of 1,000 people pay the subscription fee each month, and we'll assume that the subscription fee is indeed $15 a month. You're obtaining $15,000 each month to support every guide you release. $15,000 seems like a lot each month to us, but to a company, that won't support all of the finances they will have when you take employees into consideration.

We have to remember all of the cool stuff Zygor has done for the community. He's always been focused on taking care of his customers, and when they complain, they always listen. Weather or not they do something about it, that's up to them, but they do take everyone's suggestions at heart. If you want to put your opinion out there, then that's awesome, go for it! Just don't use harsh profanities and downgrade the company because you're upset. In the end, they're people too. Give them your honest opinion, but be mature about it and feel free to discuss others opinions, just don't degrade them for it.

This is a story all about how my life got flip turned upside down.
              It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Blizz has always stated that they'll be pushing content and Expansions faster but they've yet to do it. Every time something is nearing it's announced release date, Blizz pushes it back due to some kind of issue. It's been their trend since WoW was released.

Comment

I would rather pay the 20 dollars when I had to and upgrade what I want then to have everything. There are guides I don't want or need. In the the new 6 maybe I just want 3 of the 6. I'm one faction I'm never going to play the other faction period there isn't any way I would. if its over 5 bucks a month I'm not payin it. if I have to be locked in for a year I'm not paying it if I have to pay it all at once you could just keep it the way it is. I can go to a guide that has what I'm talking about I update what I want when I want. Its about choices and freedom. They are forcing things on me that I don't want or need.

There is no way nobody is going to pay it if its 15 dollars a month. You know I had four accounts at one point I mulit box but because things got tight I cut it down to one. I'm not payin 30 bucks a month again for a game. i have other gamesI can play for free.
                  All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
                  LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
                  LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
                  LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
                  LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
                  LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
                  LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
                  LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

To bad zygor never held a poll to ask what their existing customers thought about the monthly charging idea.....

this said ill pay your your monthly fee but dont think ill be vocal about using your product. up till now i could poudly say use zygor guides for your lvling and daily needs.
                    all you have to do is pay a one time fee of 60 dollers and its the best money you can spend for wow, besides your wow account that is....

Now why would i proudly say i pay a monthly fee for zygor, a wow guide. i wont. im not going to brag about zygor to my friends, guildys, or anyone i recruit into wow. /golfclap.

Comment

REALLY ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

better fix this mess-up fast Zyger i am really unhappy as are we all if you go on with this we are not going to come back do you understand what people are saying ??

or are you turning a blind eye on your Customers?

FIX NIT WEE DO NOT WANT TO PAY MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS GIVE US WHAT YOU HAD PROMISED.

also spoke to a in game gm and they said if you do so you violate the Code of contact your addons have to be free and not payed for monthly!

FIX IT
                      213 posts in 13hrs A large majority is from people who are not happy with the way this subscription package has been rolled out.

Are Zygor listening to the customers NO! This subscription idea has been a done deal since it was first leaked via

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...New-Features.-)

The response last time was to ignore the comments and close the thread.

The last laugh will be when the consultants who advised you how to go down this route, submit their bill to your Insolvency lawyer’s.

FIX THIS MESS UP RIGHT NOW
                      There will be an announcement later today to address many of your concerns. Everyones opinion is being taken into consideration. Despite what many would like to believe about us, Zygor Guides is a community based company and will always do everything we can to please new and old customers alike. Please stayed tuned.
                      DO IT

Comment

Zygor always listens to his customers. I'm sure he'll find a way to satisfy a majority of them, but you can't always please everyone. Also, the guides are in compliance with the Terms of Service update, as they have been since the modifications to the terms (and monthly subscriptions didn't exist). The guide viewer itself is free, but to obtain the guides, you must pay a fee.

Comment

Is Zygor online? When will the announcement be made roughly?

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                            Zygor always listens to his customers.
                            Apparently not...

Comment

How is it apparent that he doesn't? There isn't an official announcement other than they are introducing a monthly subscription, and the community blew up in their faces. ZG Support 2 mentioned an official announcement coming today from Zygor that can clear up some things, which hasn't happened yet. If he didn't listen to his customers, he wouldn't have even bothered to make an announcement. From my personal experiences, he's always listened to the feedback received, and has always worked to improve the guides based off of that. That's why Zygor's Guides are number 1 on the market, and have been for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                                How is it apparent that he doesn't?
                                The previous "main" thread was closed apparently because it was the same people complaining. However it is obvious now it isn't. He is and was wrong.

And thank you. Interested in seeing the announcement.

Comment

Working...
                                X