This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
    Zygor always listens to his customers. I'm sure he'll find a way to satisfy a majority of them, but you can't always please everyone. Also, the guides are in compliance with the Terms of Service update, as they have been since the modifications to the terms (and monthly subscriptions didn't exist). The guide viewer itself is free, but to obtain the guides, you must pay a fee.
    silverhawk i have seen u post for a few years now...and what you post is good advice ... lets hope that you are right also in this and that zygor finds a way to satisfy the majority....because as you can see from this thread the majority are ready to ditch him in favor of 1 off payment guides that are always on offer for the same as a couple of months subs. Plus they wont be lumbered with paying for guides they dont want, for eg im ally all the way.... why would i want to pay for a hoarde lvling guide? im not interested in pets and mounts so why should i pay for that? etc etc

i like many others will be leaving him out in the cold if he doesn't do a u turn on this subscription nonsense

Comment

I would still like for Zygor to explain what will happen when the expansion comes out if the old members will be compensated as I have paid well over 100 pound for my guides however when the expansion comes out new guys will be paying the exact same as me ££.££ a month to get exactly the same thing I had which I think is extremally unfair.

If he were to say the old members will just carry on as normal and will pay a fixed price for each new expansion then that would be great. Fingers crossed for the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by maningrey View Post
        The previous "main" thread was closed apparently because it was the same people complaining. However it is obvious now it isn't. He is and was wrong.

And thank you. Interested in seeing the announcement.
        Unfortunately, I didn't see that occur. Either way, I'm sure the announcement will explain things a bit further, and make people happy once again.

Originally posted by andyst2409 View Post
        silverhawk i have seen u post for a few years now...and what you post is good advice ... lets hope that you are right also this and that zygor finds a way to satisfy the majority....because as you can see from this thread the majority are ready to ditch him in favor of 1 off payment guides that are always on offer for the same as a couple of months subs. Plus they wont be lumbered with paying for guides they dont want, for eg im ally all the way.... why would i want to pay for a hoarde lvling guide? im not interested in pets and mounts so why should i pay for that?

i like many others will be leaving him out in the cold if he doesn't do a u turn on this subscription nonsense
        Thanks for the compliment! If you've seen me around the years, then I'm sure you know that Zygor will not do you wrong. Just allow the staff to clear the ambiguities before completely turning the idea down .
        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
          [COLOR=#222222]

Thanks for the compliment! If you've seen me around the years, then I'm sure you know that Zygor will not do you wrong. Just allow the staff to clear the ambiguities before completely turning the idea down .
          compliments come where compliments are due m8

but this is it i know zygor will do right by us but....

"before completely turning the idea down"

read the prev 25 pages.....it has been completley turned down, by 99% of his existing customers (that is if you take this thread as a snapshot). I personally want to stick with zygor....i have never felt ripped off as some claim...i understand the whole "lifetime of updates is not equal to new expanson guides argument and have always sided with the zygor team on this (being an ex dev myself) but still.. this subscription route is suicide and i really dont want to see the end of zygors guides

Comment

I completely agree, which is why I said allow the staff to clear ambiguities first . It wasn't a comment specifically towards you, but the community itself. I don't think the community would have a problem if subscriptions were optional. For instance, if Zygor allowed lifetime purchases and upgrades to the guides. I have no idea what the announcement will say, but it will be good to hear/read more information about it before I disagree entirely with the idea.
            It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
              We value your opinion and will certainly take it into consideration. However, for many players, expecting them to pay lump sum fees for every guide and only one faction is also tough at a time of economic uncertainty. Many customers would love to have all of our guides but just cannot afford to pay up to hundreds of dollars for them. By giving a subscription option they can pay roughly the amount of two trips to a fast food restaurant and get our entire suite of 10 guides all at once.

Previous customers do not have to pay the monthly fee if they don't want to and will still receive all the updates they are entitled to. If you don't want to adopt the subscription for the expansion content or new products, you will still have access to the guides you payed plus the "lifetime updates" to them. The only thing that is changing for previous customers is the pricing of expansions and new products.
              I can understand what you are saying, how about this scenario. I am in a job that has maybe a year left before I am made redundant, at this moment in time I could afford to pay for a guide but if I am tied into a subscription that would cause financial difficulty down the line when I become unemployed.

With the current plan people can put a little money aside to pay for a guide later, should they lose their job Zygor is hardly going to let them out of a subscription as so many people has pointed out, he is running a business and as such does not care what his patrons circumstances are, nor should he.

Existing customers are going to feel swindled and currently they do as you can see from this thread. New customers are getting a better deal.

I personally will not be paying a subscription, I have multiple reasons for this but I am only willing to share the one stated above.

Comment

OK here is the thing that really gets me.

I figure that I have spent $125 on the guide over the last 20 months.

If the subscription is $15 a month.
                Are you really going to be able to add $180 worth of value every year?

Comment

I rang Blizz customer services and they say there is no way they will allow this.

RIP Zygor, you just shot yourself in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by tomdyer View Post
                    OK here is the thing that really gets me.

I figure that I have spent $125 on the guide over the last 20 months.

If the subscription is $15 a month.
                    Are you really going to be able to add $180 worth of value every year?
                    there is NO WAY I am paying 15 bucks a month for a addon. No addon is worth that much money a Game is worth that much money but there is no way a addon is.

i have paid that same money and you say I'm getting other guides I'm never going to use I want to pick and chose what I want to pay for
                    All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
                    LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
                    LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
                    LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
                    LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
                    LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
                    LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
                    LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

Well I'm a skeptical rascal and I was looking at the affiliates page linked at the bottom of this page and I quote:

Make Money From World of Warcraft Phenomenon by Selling Zygor Guides Now and Start Raking in Cash Today.

Join the Zygor Guides Affiliate Program today and start making 50% commision on every sale you send our way. With our subscription service that gives access to our entire suite of 10 products, you could earn about $7.50 per customer you bring our way - per month. This is an excellent opportunity to create recurring income for yourself!

Sorry Zygor But I dont like the cut of your jib my friend.

I shall reserve judgement until the full details are disclosed but I am not filled with hope for what initially appears to be a dark turn of events.

Comment

The price to me seems insane, $15 is a new account. And I am beginning to look at this a pyramid scheme.
                        The most attractive thing about a high price is the affiliates cut of 50%. the higher the price, the higher cut

consider the following, your guide is free if you bring 2 people in.
                        For every additional person you bring, you actually make money.

Repeat that for every person they bring in.

That is what a pyramid scheme is, that is the very definition of a pyramid scheme.
                        Whether or not intentional, with this pricing change you have actually laid the groundwork for a pyramid scheme.

Comment

I understand that Zygor wishes to add a different pricing model than what you had before. But what I can not fathom is forcing your old customers, me included, into the subscription model if we want the new guides?

I would totally support the move to a subscription based payment model, if the paying members of the community got the option to NOT move to a subscription based model, but have the option of buying the guides we wanted.

As it is right now, we feel let down. Sure, I can flesh out 100$ for guides I feel I want. But to have me pay 9$ a month for the main product I already own just to get access to 2-3 guides I actually want seems quite... Customer unfriendly.

What I and probably the rest of the community is an option between the following:
                          * Subscription based : Premium / Alliance / Horde
                          * Buy the guide you want, for XX$. With a little note: This guide will receive Lifetime Updates for the relevant expansion. Once the next expansion is released, you will need to buy an updated guide to access the new content.

That would satisfy all of your customers want and needs. I see no issues here.

By forcing a subscription based model down our throats, loyal customers be damned, I'm afraid it will hurt you more than you will gain

Comment

Originally posted by lostlogic View Post
                            I understand that Zygor wishes to add a different pricing model than what you had before. But what I can not fathom is forcing your old customers, me included, into the subscription model if we want the new guides?

I would totally support the move to a subscription based payment model, if the paying members of the community got the option to NOT move to a subscription based model, but have the option of buying the guides we wanted.

As it is right now, we feel let down. Sure, I can flesh out 100$ for guides I feel I want. But to have me pay 9$ a month for the main product I already own just to get access to 2-3 guides I actually want seems quite... Customer unfriendly.

What I and probably the rest of the community is an option between the following:
                            * Subscription based : Premium / Alliance / Horde
                            * Buy the guide you want, for XX$. With a little note: This guide will receive Lifetime Updates for the relevant expansion. Once the next expansion is released, you will need to buy an updated guide to access the new content.

That would satisfy all of your customers want and needs. I see no issues here.

By forcing a subscription based model down our throats, loyal customers be damned, I'm afraid it will hurt you more than you will gain
                            I am not totally against a subscription fee either but I don't want to pay for something I don't want or need I like this idea very much and I have been trying to put it into words just like this

The new guides are great and all but there are only a couple I want. and I don't need the horde guide period. Why are you forcing this on us?
                            All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
                            LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
                            LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
                            LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
                            LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
                            LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
                            LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
                            LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

Here is the biggest issue I hope they address.

Customers who have already purchased guides from Zygor DO NOT HAVE TO START PAYING A MONTHLY FEE. All previously purchased guides will continue to be updated for free per our "lifetime updates" policy.

So we the existing customers payed probably over $200 for all the guides and upgrades and such I still haven't gone back and calculated this Trying to remember everything I paid for. anyway we don't have to pay any more for this and will continue to receive fixes.

Now to get the new content we pay as of right now it looks like the $15 a month for the 6 guides that are coming out.

A new customer comes along and pays the same $15 a month and gets the 6 guides and everything else we payed all that money for.

This just is not fair. Sorry can't fudge the numbers there to try to make it look any different.

I want the status update so I just blow this whole thing off or become relieved and Zygor redeems themselves back to there customers.

Comment

Zygor leads the way, Marching into a new dark age of guides

Comment

Working...
                                X